Chapter Twelve - The Fall Of A King

The was beginning to collapse at a rapid pace. The others outside who had become spectators for a moment, became anxious as to whether or not their beloved prophet would survive out of their. It amazed them that his faith and hope kept him in there for so long to do the most courageous of acts.

     Inside, Melody was faced with a choice between Tashil and Vashti. The reign of a king, the future of a nation, the beliefs of a prophet, had all rested on her, and she could feel the weight surging within her all for one courageous act. Tashil outstretched his arm towards his slave. His fingers just barely grasping the edge of Melody's clothes, but Melody wiped his fingers away. Tashil looked in utter and bitter astonishment. Melody shut her eyes hard.

    "Sorry...my king, but I just can't save you now..." Melody finally said as she began to walk away, as Vashti's new feelings of hope and worth conquered Tashil's empty provisions of worthless slavery. She made her choice, in both her heart and mind in unison.

     Tashil grew with anger and rage, and his face was red hot, yet after a brief moment the red left him, and his face grew pale, and his eyes became sunken in, and his arm fell hard to the ground. He began to whimper in agony.

    "Curses, I am a king... The king of Galacia, the greatest nation in the world..... Why....why am I left to die here underneath some worthless banker's hideout... By some worthless slave....in the middle of the nowhere desert..this is not an end befitting a king!!" he said with his dying breaths. The room was cracking loudly now. Vashti and Melody began to run towards the staircase, but both had turned around.

    "Its an end befitting a tyrant, Tashil. Nobody is worthless, your power complex just gives you that idea, nothing more. Melody is a human full of worth," Vashti told him from across the room. "And I warned you if you didn't change your ways, you'd lose your kingdom. Now look."

    King Tashil's gaze began to fade, but he managed to squeeze out his dying words to Prophet Vashti.

    "You win....Vashti......" and he died.

     Melody and Vashti quickly ran out of there, and the room collapsed at last, and all the rubble flooded in the underground room and at last destroyed the facility and flattened everything out. Total collapse.

    Melody and Vashti walked their way to the outside, and before they had a chance to take in the fresh air, everyone met them with open arms and hugged one another. It was victory for them that day.