Amortentia

>SCARLET'S POV<
I studied hard on Potions last night since my grade was Acceptable last year. I wasn't really the brightest witch, but not really the dumbest werewolf. (No offense to the werewolf fans!)

"Scarlet! Wake up!" The voice of my friend Arabella said, shaking me violently. I stared at my watch and saw it was still 4:00am. "Bloody hell, Arabella!" I roared, waking up the others. "It's that, you're going to be late if you don't get up!"

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

"Slytherins and Gryffindors." Snape's monotone voice echoed through the dungeon halls. "Good morning, Professor Snape." the whole class and me, said in unison. I looked up to see, Snape staring me into the eye, but quickly broke as he sped to his cauldron.

"Today, you will be learning about a brew called 'Amortentia'. Tell me what are the factors of Amortentia?" He asked, good, I read this potion last night.

"Pity, no one...?... Carter."

My head suddenly looked up as I realize I got lost in own my thoughts. No need to worry, I hope I get this right. "A-Amortentia is the most powerful love potion in the whole world. This particular potion does not really create r-real love, it only creates a huge... obsession of the taker towards a specific person. Each and every person has a different scent of the potion, because they smell what attracts them." I answered, then sat back down to my seat sheepishly. There was an awkward silence, when Snape snapped everyone back into reality.

"Correct. You may see the instructions in page 21. But before that, Ms. Carter, please step near the cauldron."

Wait, don't tell me he is going to make me do, what I think he's planning to?

I walked to his cauldron, "What do you smell?"

I tried to calm down but it just got more worse, so I took a sniff. "I smell... New parchment... Mum's old perfume... And..."

The dungeons.

Wait, what?

Tell something different.

"Fresh apples."

"Very well, sit down and you may start... Now!"

I might be wrong... But my conscience seemed to be telling me that Snape used Legilimency. I hope it's wrong. Why? He smirked at me in a I-know-what-you-were-thinking way.

As I was brewing, I suprisingly done my potion well. Just like it said, it turned into the color it was supposed to turn to. When I was finished, I stared at the others cauldrons, waiting for everyone to finish. It wasn't really turning out well for a few. For example, Logan Brown exploded the potion into his face. Being a help, I casted a spell to make his face look normal again. "Thanks," he said in a audible whisper while a few people laughed at him. "No problem."

"Five points from Gryffindor for such potion, Brown. Carter, step back to your cauldron." ordered Snape. I scurried back to my place and set my head on the table. Little did I know, that Snape walked in front of me. "Done?"

I quickly straightened up my back and nodded, with a terrified look. "Give me your container." I handed him the little potion bottle engraved Scarlet Liana Carter that was on the lid. "Not a bad potion, being a Gryffindor."

Screw the fact that he said the thing about being a Gryffindor, did he just say that my potion was good?

>SEVERUS' POV<
Carter flushed pink, and hid her face with her brown hair... She looked rather... Shut it Severus!