Awake at Last

I licked Logan's hand and my eyes began to close. I had barely slept since I had been so worried about Logan. I rested my hand on his head and licked his wrist. I knew it wasn't very smart laying there because of his claws but I didn't care. I could heal anything, except my dignity.

"You still here," a voice asked.

I raised my head and saw Xavier rolling in with Dagger perched on his shoulders. He fixed his eyes on me and I raised my head. "Dagger," I mumbled groggily. I was beginning to see more than one of him now.

Xavier rolled him closer and Dagger leaped on my back. He began to groom my face fur. "Are you alright," he asked gently. "You haven't slept in days and you haven't left here."

I shook my head to clear it but it didn't really work. "I'm fine Dagger. I promise." I touched my nose to Dagger's ear.

Xavier placed a hand over Logan's face. Suddenly his eyes flew open and he bolted upward. I yelped and nearly tumbled off the bed. "Starlight," he gasped as he looked into my wild eyes with terror.

"Well on the bright side you didn't scratch me," I mumbled as he extended a hand and began to scratch me behind the ears. I had really missed that.

"How long have I been asleep for," Logan asked the Professor.

"Two weeks," Xavier replied.

Dagger leaped off the side of the bed with me following. "Starlight didn't leave your side," Dagger told Logan as I blushed and shuffled my paws against the ground.

Logan looked at me and my pelt prickled. "You did," he growled.

I nodded and Xavier reached out a hand and stroked me. "She is very loyal. You are very lucky."

"What about Rouge," Logan asked as he sat up.

My eyes turned to Dagger and he let out a groan. "She left."

"Left," Logan echoed.

I nodded and I felt my heart twist. "She was talking to Bobby and Bobby told her that you were mad at her," I explained as I pointed a claw toward the Professor.

His eyes flashed in fear and I felt it stir my fur. "But Starlight wasn't sure that it was Bobby," Dagger cut in as he lashed his tail. "You thought that right, Starlight?"

I gulped. "Er yes. He had strange yellow eyes and I know that Bobby doesn't have yellow eyes."

"We have to find her," Logan cried as his throat tightened.

"We will," assured the Professor as he wheeled toward the door. "But we have to formulate a plan."

Logan groaned as he sat up. "I'm ready. Let's do this."