First Taste of Tony

"Wait," called a strange dark black wolf with glowing red eyes. "Leave that pup alone. She could be useful."

I looked up and my heart was beating out of my chest. I had just watched my mother being murdered and now they were threatening me. I couldn't even do anything beside tremble in such fear that I could feel my heart beating so furiously that I thought it would push through my chest.

He strode toward me and poked me harshly with one of his claws. I began to bled but then suddenly healed. I didn't understand it and my eyes widened in shock. "Wha-"

"You are special, Starlight," murmured the wolf with red eyes.

"How do you know my name?"

The wolf snickered. "I am Tony and I know because I used to be friends with your father."

"You know my father," I squeaked as I twitched my ears.

He nodded and grasped my scruff. I hung limply in his jaws and turned to his wolf followers. He placed me on a stump and took a step back. "I did know your father but he traded a life with fellow Claw Wolves to mate with a freak Wolvy. That's why we are going to kill you."

"What," I wailed as he surged his paw down and the wolves rushed for me. I leaped upward and they collided their heads. "Mama! Save me!"

I bolted into the forest but other wolves were on my tail. I looked upward and heard the shrill sound of an owl. I knew that I was food now, owl food.

The owl dove down but a Wolvy met me mid flight. It slashed the owl's chest and the owl plummeted to ground and landed on a wolf's muzzle. The Wolvy hooked it's claws into my spine and I looked down to find myself being lifted from the ground. I yelped in fear and turned my face toward the wolf.

"Where are you taking me?"

"I just saved your life pup," the wolf snapped who I decided was a male. "A simple thanks goes along way."

"T-Thank you," I stammered. "You're not going to hurt me, are you."

He shook his head. "I'm taking you to my den. I'm Muffler, by the way."

"I'm Starlight."