Lupus

I felt claws prick at my ribs. I groaned and rolled over. I had spend the day trying to find Rouge only to have her snatched by Magneto. On top of that Tony had done something to me and I had found myself back in my nest. I didn't know how and I didn't really care. All I wanted to do was sleep.

I thought because I knew that Logan was safe that I would sleep better but apparently I was wrong. I wasn't having nightmares for once but this prodding wasn't going away.

"Starlight, please get up."

I felt claws dig deeper into my flank until they drew blood. I healed before thrusting my nose under my paw. "One night. Just one night I'd like to have a good night's sleep without any interruptions."

I felt a small head push against my shoulder. "Come on Starlight. I just want to show me something."

"What is it," I asked a bit interested as my ears pricked.

He pushed harsher but he just ended up falling over me. "Just come out with me and I'll show you," he replied as he reared on his hind legs and leaped onto my back and balanced a bit.

I lifted my paw and rose to my paws. Dagger steadied himself as I stretched. "So where are you taking me," I asked as he leaped off my back and bounded out of Logan's room. I followed but I flew. It was much quicker and I loved to make Dagger rush forward as swiftly as he could.

He bounded out into the garden with me trailing. He surged to the basketball court and lowered down. He turned his round eyes to the stars. I did the same and saw the stars shimmering above. I remembered faintly when I used to look at stars with Arlar but that was a long time ago that I'd like to forget.

"You woke me up to see the stars," I growled as my fur began to bristle.

Dagger turned to me. "Calm down. I didn't wake you up just to show you the stars," he argued as he laid on his back on the basketball court. I did the same and peered up at the sky. I used to imagine soaring up to the stars until I realized that a Wolvy couldn't go that high.

"Then why did you wake me up," I asked impatiently and I couldn't help my tail from lashing.

"I woke you to show you a star that I know that you will like. It's called Lupus," Dagger explained as he reached out a claw and pointed them to the sky.

I rolled my eyes. "I know who Lupus is. I wasn't born yesterday," I snorted.

Dagger struck out a paw and shot out claws into my flank. I let out a growl and dug them out before they began to heal. "I know that. He was the first wolf but the stories have changed over generations."

"Are you going to tell me a story about Lupus," I asked as I rose to my paws before curling into a ball and rested my head on my paws. "It may put me to sleep."

Dagger lashed his tail against my nose and made my eyes water. "Just listen wolf-heart," he grumbled as he cleared his throat before beginning.

"Well we all know that Lupus was the first wolf and when he died he spread the howl and blood of every wolf in the forest," Dagger recalled.

I yawned. "Well everyone know's that story. It's the oldest one in the history of wolves."

Dagger rolled his eyes. "Let me finish or I'll shred your ears!" Once he was done with his rant he continued. "Another version is that he was chased by four creatures, a bear, a snake, a sea serpent, and an eagle. They crashed down on him and Lupus managed to kill them but they killed him as well. Their blood mixed and that is there four types of wolves."

"Claw Wolf, Sea Wolf, Burrowing Wolf, and Wolvy," I echoed as I though that the story could have a speck of truth. I shrugged. "That could be true."

Dagger puffed out his short dark brown fur. "I know it's true!"

"Then how are there mutant animals," I asked as I thought of Dagger and myself. "Aren't we just God's mistake?"

Dagger shook his head. "Of course not! God does not make mistakes. I don't know why he made us this way but he did for a reason and I believe one day he will show it to us."