Leaving With Logan

We had barely gotten settled when Logan announced that we were leaving.

"Why," I asked as I patted my bed. It was much nicer than moss and twigs which I usually slept on but it seemed to nice for me. I was a wolf and wolves don't sleep on cozy beds. Moss and twigs were fine for me and strangely enough Logan too.

"Because I have to know something, and find something out," he replied as he extended his claws. I turned my head and saw him leaning against the door frame, gently running his finger along his Adamantium claws.

"About your past," I asked although I already new the answer.

He nodded. "However I can't find that here. I want you to come with me."

I couldn't help my ears from twitching. "You want me to come with you?"

Logan lowered down and I bounded toward him. He reached out a hand and stroked me between the ears. My tail wagged madly and I couldn't help my tail from lolling out. "Of course. You are my best friend Starlight and I couldn't image doing this without you."

My eyes shinned. I pressed my head against his hand now that his claws were in. "I'd be honored to go with you."

We readied ourself to go the next morning. I didn't need anything (well beside something that I will tell you about later) and Logan traveled light as well.

Not a lot of people came to tell us good-bye. I had only been close with Dagger and now that he was dead, well, he couldn't tell me good-bye right now. However the Professor had come to see me off. He had scratched my head and told me that he knew I was meant for greatness before wheeling away.

Rouge was the last one. "When will I see you again? Will you both ever come back?"

I exchanged a glance with Logan. I wasn't sure when we were coming back, if ever. Logan suddenly reached and grabbed his dog tags and gave them to here. "Here. Hold onto these until the next time I come back here."

She gave him a hug before turning to me. "Be safe Starlight." She wrapped her arms around my neck and I struggled not to growl.

"I will," I assured her as I licked her cheek. She took a step back from us and I puffed out my fur as I spread my wings. I took to the sky and saw Logan climb onto Scott's motorcycle. He started it with his claw and surged forward.

I flew over him and let the wind ruffled my fur and my feathers. I wasn't sure where we were going but as long as I was with Logan I knew it would be great.