The Gallery of Villains

The Descendants ran down the stairs that were supposed to lead them to the museum. They knew they were close, but Mal wanted to make sure. "Check your mirror," she ordered Evie.
        "Is my mascara smudged?" Evie asked, worriedly.
        Hesper rolled her eyes, letting out a short bitter laugh."Yeah," she nodded. "And, hey, while yer at it why don't you see if you can find us the wand?" she said, sarcastically.
        "Sure," Evie said, lifting up the mirror to her face and spending a short moment judging her makeup before checking their directions. "This way." The rest of the way Evie led them all they way till they reached the front doors. They stopped to looking inside and were amazed at what they saw. On the wall there were monitors, under the watch of a security guard who looked close to half asleep in his chair. Each one was zoomed close in on some of Auradon's most famous and historic artifacts.
           The screens showed items like King Triton's Triton, The Beast's Enchanted Rose, Aladdin's Lamp and a few others. Right in the center and clear on display was Maleficent's Spinning Wheel.
        "That's," Jay said, already having a hard time contorting his laughter, "your mother's spinning wheel?"
         Carlos joined him, grinning widely. "Yeah," he agreed. "It's kind of dorky."

       Mal frowned at the boys teasing of her mother's great accomplishment. "It's magic," she argued. "It doesn't have to look scary." She didn't waste another moment and opened her mother's spell book which she held at her side. "Magic spindle do not linger. Make my victim prick a finger."
        The Descendants watched the security guard, waiting for something to happen. After a few seconds it became clear that he wasn't affected by the spell.
         "Impressive," Jay mock marveled.
          Carlos rubbed his arms up and down with his hands as he spoke. "I got chills," he added playfully.
          Mal sighed, a low growl under her voice as she decided to try another spell from her mother's book. "Prick the finger, prick it deep. Send my enemy off to sleep."
          Slowly, the security guard got up from his seat and walked toward the spinning wheel. It was pure torture watching as he slowly lowered his finger over the spindle. Hours seemed to have past in the Descendants time, but finally his finger touched the tip of the spindle causing a spark to appear. The security guard yawned and laid himself down on the pedestal that the Spinning Wheel was displayed, and finally closed his eyes.
             Mal turned to the boys and smirked victoriously, pleased that she had proven them wrong. "Not so dorky now, huh?" Of course not everything is so easy, because when Mal went to open the door she discovered that they were locked. She groaned, growing more frustrated.
          Jay smiled mischievously as he came up with a solution."Stand back," he told them as he walked away from the entrance.
          But Mal wasn't in the mood to wait. She pulled out her spell book and tried a spell she had seen earlier in the day when they were in there dorms; she had been looking through the book. "Make it easy, make it quick. Open up without a kick."  The doors swung open like magic just as Jay had charged at the door, ready to kick it down with his leg. He ended up with his back on the ground, emitting a small groan.
         The girls laughed at his failed attempt and strutted right by him. Mal nudged his arm with her foot as she passed. "Coming?" Carlos followed after them, but stopped to help Jay up, who quickly pushed him away. The five of them quietly tip toed past the security guard who was still sound asleep.
         Evie's magic mirror continued to direct them in the way of the wand, going so far into the museum as to take them right past The Gallery of Villains. One quick glance inside and the five Descendants seemed to forget about their mission at hand. Five statues stood there, standing tall and proud on their own platforms; each one staring straight into the soul of the Descendants.
        These weren't just any statues. These statues were of their parents.
        The five descendants slowly put one foot in front of the other, their eyes transfixed on the five statues before them.
        "Mommy?" Evie whispered looking at the statue of her mother holding a poisoned apple in her palm.
         "Killer," Jay said, as he gazed up at the statue of his father wielding his legendary snake scepter in his clutches, a mischievous glint in his eye; one almost the same as his son's.