Date Preparations

Hesper was frantically searching through the school grounds for Evie and Mal. She hadn't gotten a chance to tell them about her date with Aziz--and it was in a few hours! Finally she saw  Evie and Mal walking away from the picnic area. "Evie! Mal!" she called, running after them. Her friends turned around. "I have been looking absolutely everywhere for you two!"
        "What's up?" Evie asked, slightly alarmed by Hesper's frantic state, which was highly unusual for her. She was normally very calm and collected.
         "I have a date with Aziz in a few hours and. . .I honestly don't know what to do." Hesper pinched the bridge of her noise with her thumb and index finger. How did she get herself into this situation?
      "Whoa, Hesp, calm down. It's just a date," Mal told her, extending an awkward hand to try and comfort her.
       "Come on, Mal has a date with Ben in an hour. I'll make sure both of you look perfect to make those boy's jaws drop," Evie promised, strutting in between both girls and linking her arms with theirs and guided them to their dorm room.

       Hesper sat on the edge of her bed; the pink frills of her comforter were covered in dozens of makeup products and discarded outfit choices.Evie was positioned in front of her, putting the finishing touches on her makeup.

        Mal had already left for her date with Ben, and one o'clock was nearing.

        "Hesper, you have to stay still," Evie informed her, exasperated. She was constantly moving her brush to follow every movement Hesper made.

       "E, this is completely new to me. How do I know if too much will scare him away?" Hesper protested. "Not that I could."
       "Please," Evie scoffed, positioning Hesper's head and applying the blush to her cheeks. "My mom taught me how to apply blush before I could talk. Always use upward strokes."
        Evie put the brush down then dabbed her finger in a case of lip gloss and gently applied it to Hesper's lips. "I've never done makeup before. My dad said it was a waste of time. And growing up in a house with five males didn't help. I've never had a sister," Hesper explained, looking at Evie.
         "Well," she said. "Now, you have two. Me and Mal." Evie put the makeup down. "We're gonna need all the family we can get if we don't pull this off. My mother's not a barrel of laughs when she doesn't get her way." She rolled her eyes. "Just ask Snow White."
         "Are you afraid of her?" Hesper asked.
         Evie sighed and nodded her head slightly. "Sometimes," she admitted. "Are you afraid of your dad?"
         Hesper thought about the question. She'd never been asked that before. "Well, you know about the legendary Hades temper. He gets so angry when I disappoint him," Hesper sighed.  "Which is pretty much all the time. And it's hard cause all I want is to make him proud, but he doesn't really make that easy."
        Evie grabbed her hand and gave it a tight squeeze for comfort. "Come on, why don't you take a look at yourself."
         She brought Hesper over to the mirror. She silently gasped at the sight of herself. "Whoa." (A/N: See above image for outfit.)
         Evie rested her head on Hesper's shoulder and smiled, "I know."
        "I look..." she began, awestruck by her reflection.
        "Say it," Evie ordered.
        "Not hideous. Not...scary." There was something strangely soft about Hesper's attire despite being dressed in her usual black and grey.
       "Not even close," Evie smiled. The two looked at each other briefly before laughing. Suddenly there was a knock at the door. Hesper swallowed, and glanced at Evie who gave her confirming nod. She stepped towards door, took a deep breath, and opened it.
        Aziz stood there, looking clean cut and just as ready for the date as Hesper was. His eyes widened as he took her in. She bit down on her lip, a strange apprehension building in her stomach.
        "Is it bad?" she asked.
         Aziz shook his head. "The exact opposite. You look stunning." Hesper felt a strange sensation of heat rise to her cheeks, but she didn't understand why. She'd never reacted the a compliment before like that. Then again, Hesper had never received a compliment like that. Aziz held his arm out for her. "Shall we?"
         "Quite the gentlemen now aren't we?" she questioned in amusement.
         "Always," he replied confidently. Hesper rolled her eyes, a small smile tugging at her lips and walked past him. Aziz furrowed his brow, glanced at Evie who smirked and gestured for him to follow after her. He grinned and nodded 'thanks' to her, then rushed down the hallway after Hesper. 

______________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! I have another story, "Dark Ray of Sunlight" on my profile and I'd love if you'd check it out! It follows the story of Marissa Gothel, the daughter of Mother Gothel from Tangled.