Walking and Thinking can be Dangerous

Hesper held her books close to her chest as she stood in between Evie and Mal, as Evie was gathering her books into her arms and Mal stared back into her locker, trying to remember what it was that she needed for her next class. The sound of laughter suddenly filled Hesper's ears, causing her to look up where she spotted Audrey, Ben, and a blonde haired boy who she hadn't met yet.
        The laughter died down as they entered the hallway of lockers, and using her supreme eavesdropping skills that she's mastered back home on the Isle; she listened in closely.
        "Those kids are trouble," the blonde haired boy pointed over to where the three villain girls were currently standing.
        "Bye Mal, Bye Hesp," Evie said, turning around to depart for her next class of the day.
        "Bye," Mal replied. Hesper merely nodded and gave a half-hearted wave over her shoulder; she was still trying to listen in.
         "Come on, Chad. Give them a chance," Ben told the boy, who Hesper now knew was called Chad.
        Audrey laughed, and pulled her sunglasses up onto her head. "No offence Benny Bear," Hesper smirked. Where does she come up with these ridiculous nicknames? "But you're just too trusting. I know your mother fell in love with a big nasty beast who turned out to be a prince. But with my mom the evil fairy was just the evil fairy. The purple haired girl's mother," she whispered the last part. "And what about Hector? His great uncle tried to kill Hercules and Zeus. His own family. Do you really think it was safe to bring the daughter of an attempted assassin here to Auradon?"
         Hesper's blood boiled under her skin. How dare she talk about her father like that! Sure her father wasn't the most compassionate of people, but he was still her father. Without any knowledge of it, her hair started to form little blue flickers on the top of her head.
        "I think about your wrong about them," Ben said. The small blue flames on Hesper's head extinguished. Why was Ben so confident that they would change? His big decree would only be a failed memory when they had the Fairy Godmother's wand. "See you later."
         Audrey huffed, and walked away, Chad following behind. Hesper stood behind Mal as she closed her locker, revealing Ben, casually leaning on the locker next to hers.
        "Hey," he greeted both girls.
        "Hey," Mal said back, a bit wary about why Ben would be talking to her for just the sake of talking. It was certainly adjustment. Back home people mostly kept to themselves and would only talk to others if there was something they wanted. Hesper was well known amongst the Isle residents for being very isolated, but deadly at the same time.
        "How was your first day?"
         Mal pursed her lips. "Super," she lied.
        "Well, I think I'll leave you two to talk. I've got class anyways." Hesper turned on her heel and started walking down the hallway in the opposite direction. "Later M," she called over her shoulder.
         "See ya, Hesp," Mal called back.

         Hesper walked through the halls, students quickly moving to the side, trying to avoid any contact with her. She felt satisfied with herself, but the feeling of immense satisfaction suddenly disappeared when her father's voice rang through her mind. 'Those who cower away from you aren't afraid of you. They're afraid of me and what I did.'
        She sighed. Her father was right. She hadn't done anything worthy of being cowered at. But once they got the wand everything would be different. When her father looked at her next, it wouldn't be with disdain or scorn. It would be with pride. She could finally start a real relationship with him. Father and daughter, working together.
         Hesper had been so lost in her thoughts she didn't even notice that she had walked off the school campus. Unconsciously, her paced quickened and she was headed towards a busy street, but Hesper was in her own world.
       "Hey! Look out!" A voice yelled, but Hesper still couldn't hear it and she continued walking. Suddenly she felt her body being pushed to the ground. Hesper groaned, as the quick speed and contact with the hard ground and given her a splitting head ache. She looked to her side and saw a boy about her age pushing himself up off the ground. He had a tan complexion, which complimented his raven black hair.
       Being slightly taller than her, he looked down at Hesper and asked, "Are you alright?"
       Hesper looked up sharply at the boy and narrowed her eyes. "What was that for?" she demanded.
       He stared at her blankly, obviously confused, "What are you talking about? You nearly just got hit by a truck!"
       Hesper frowned slightly and looked over the shoulder of the boy, and just a few feet away her now crushed binder laid in little broken pieces. She had no choice but to turn back to boy, now a bit embarrassed. "Oh, well um, thanks," she muttered begrudgingly.
       He nodded. "No problem. Now, what were you doing walking off the campus during the middle of the day?"
       "And why should I tell you?" He seemed to be a bit taken back by her sharp response. Obviously most girls at Auradon Prep would have no trouble explaining to him in immense detail what had happened, and Hesper assumed this was what he had been expecting her to do. He did look like the kind of guy who would be good with the ladies. He was certainly handsome enough.

       Hesper, cocked her head to the side, folded her arms over her chest and popped her hip out, looking at him curiously. "What about you? What are you doing out here in the middle of the day? Don't you have some team building event to be at or something?"

       The boy chuckled at her question. "No, I don't have 'some team building event'. I was actually spending my free period outside when I saw you walking towards the road."
        "So you chased after me so that you could get an award for doing a heroic deed," Hesper inferred jokingly. "Wow, I'm honored. And congrats to you." She added with fake enthusiasm in a high pitched voice.
         He laughed again. "Actually, I believe I did it because I wanted to help a pretty girl. No award was mentioned." The boy gave Hesper a charming smile. Yup, she thought to herself, definitely a charmer .
        Hesper smirked at him. "Well then, I think it's time I introduced myself." She stuck her hand out to him. "I'm Hesper." Hesper had to admit; she was surprised he had made it this long in her presence, but was even more surprised when he remained unphased at the sound of her name.
        The boy only smiled at her and grabbed her hand firmly into his own. "Aziz."

"