24. Precarious

As the day went on, everyone's blood was getting laced with more and more alcohol. If they didn't have inhibitions before, they had absolutely no sense now.

J-Hope had beaten everyone with the level of drunkedness he had achieved early on, but seeing as he was still asleep after trying to get naked, he didn't count anymore.

I couldn't tell if V was even drunk or not, because he was acting just as crazily as he always did. He kept making faces at Jungkook and laughing loudly, mimicking everyone when they looked away.

Suga was more energetic than usual, as he was standing over a giggling Star, shaking his hips and dancing with a wide smile, his lips pulled up to show his gums. Star was absolutely delighted by him, clapping and staring up at him like he was an angel.

I think he wasn't all that drunk though, because he usually got more aggressive when he was drunk, and he was like a gentle little fluff right now. Then I saw the pipe at their feet, and it made sense.

I liked seeing him like that, looking free and happy rather than looking like he held the weight of the world on his shoulders. And Star too, looked giddy, no trace of hidden insecurities in her eyes. Her smile was free, and her eyes glinted in happiness.

Jimin was sitting next to J-Hope, his cheeks flushed, his nose red. He was grinning at everyone, laughing a boisterous laugh at anything that anyone said. He held J-Hope's hand in his, and whenever J-Hope stirred, he turned his attention to him, making sure that he wasn't falling off the chair or uncomfortable in his sleep. Jimin had a soft smile when he looked at the sleeping J-Hope.

Angel had passed out, and Jungkook was sitting at her feet, next to V. They were nudging each other and grinning, sharing laughs as they threw pinecones into the fire, laughing more when Jimin scolded them for disturbing the groaning J-Hope.

Namjoon was still through all of this. I could hardly feel his chest rising and falling on my back, barely felt the brush of his breath down my neck as his head lay rested on my shoulder.

His grip on my waist had loosened, and I would've thought he was close to sleeping, but I knew his head was too full of Jin to sleep.

We stayed like for the rest of the night, scarcely even breathing.

The sun was peeking up through the tree line, and the fire had died down a long time ago.

V, Jungkook and Angel were huddled together in a chair. Suga and Star were passed out, their heads hanging off one side of the chair, their legs sprawled over the other arm. J-Hope and Jimin were sleeping in their chairs, but their hands hung between the space between them, clasped together tightly.

Namjoon hadn't slept a wink, I was sure, so I wasn't surprised when he was staring down at me when I opened my eyes.

"Let's go." He sounded impatient, like he had been waiting for me to wake up for a long time.

"Why didn't you wake me up earlier?" I grumbled, rubbing my eyes before Namjoon stood up, effectively sending me to my feet. His arms around my waist was the only thing keeping me from falling, surprised by his sudden movement.

"Because your face looked relaxed for once." He didn't look at me as he spoke, quickly grabbing my hand and running ahead, his long legs making it impossible for me to keep in step next to him.

I struggled to keep my balance as he pulled me along, and his hand in mine was the only thing keeping me from falling behind.

We reached the building fast, and Namjoon all but dragged me inside, bringing me to his room.

When the door closed, he let go of my hand, but didn't make a move.

I looked up at him confused, only to see his eyes staring down into mine, such an intensity in them that I nearly lost my breath.