46. Dreams Aren't Heaven.

~

I opened my eyes lazily. My body felt light and heavy somehow, like I was on nothing but air, but the air was pressing against me and boxing me in.

A man sat next to me, and when I opened my eyes, he turned to face me.

"Jin, it's an honour."

"You almost died, I figured you'd drop the act for at least a few days."

"In my defense, I know you love it."

He gave me a disappointed look, sighing and shaking his head.

When he looked back, he almost seemed, guilty.

He reached out, lightly ruffling my hair.

I didn't know what to say, so I looked around awkwardly.

There were white flowers growing around us, circling around us.

"They're called Lily of the Valley. They're usually an apology gift. They're said to symbolize a return to happiness."

I looked at Jin, eyebrows furrowed.

What did he mean by this?

"I hope you can be happy again, Sin."

I looked down, an uneasy feeling in my stomach.

"Now, we should talk."

"Talk about what, Jin? Are you going to finally tell me why you're speaking to me in dreams?"

He smiled sadly at me, and I felt the urge to pull his hair, just to wipe it off of his perfect face.

He's so goddamn infuriating sometimes.

Most of the time.

"You know I can't."

"Can't or won't?"

He was silent for a moment before speaking.

"Either way, you're not going to hear it from me. That's not what we need to talk about."

"Well, I think that it most definitely is, Jin."

He stared at me, and I laid a hand on my forehead.

"I mean, that's why all of this is happening in the first place. So if you just tell me what happened to you, then you can rest in peace and I can get some peace."

"I had no idea I was so inconvenient to you-"

"That's not what I meant Jin. I've grown attached to you, but I want to help you, so I need to know-"

"You murdered B-Free."

I flinched back as if he had physically struck me.