××|04

Another place, another adventure. But would this one be as sweet and cozy as your adventure with Asgore? Or would it end up as crazy and terrifying as it did with Temmie?

You didn't know. But your little adventure had pulled your thoughts off the reality you had at the surface. You were quite enjoying your time in the Underground.

Why, you didn't even realized that there was snow all around until I mentioned it. (A/N: Breaking the 4th wall level: DEADPOOL.) Your eyes wondered around the place, seeing tall dark trees all around, a bush that had an obvious camera lens in it. Why it was there, you don't know. But you were too fancied by the idea of where the snow came in the Underground.

Because for one, it is literally Underground. Inside a mountain with no sun and everything. And second, it wasn't even this cold in the RUINS. It was simply just warm and cozy. Like . . . Autumn. You clutch the strap of your pack before struggling your feet across the thick white snow.

A small, puffy cloud escaping your nose and mouth as you breathe a chilly breath. You soon left the comfort of your strap and rubbed both of your shoulders down to your arms. Trying to keep yourself warm and cozy. Somehow working but never enough.

On your way, you have encountered a tough looking stick sprawled across the ground. It looked lonely on its own. Pressed against the cold, shivery snow. You caress the branch gently and somehow, it didn't seem lonely anymore. You smiled and walked across the stick only to hear it crack once you were a few steps away from it.

A shiver went running down your spine and as you turn around, indeed, you had saw the branch broken. You swallowed a forming lump down your throat before continuing. You could literally feel someone following you. Their breathing was almost near your neck and all.

Once you reached the end and saw a large gate thingy, you heard the sound of the footsteps against the snowy ground. A part of you secretly hoped it was Asgore. Leaving the RUINS for the meantime to go and give you some left over pie. But the smell of cigarette quickly threw the idea off.

"hey there, buddy." Your whole body tense at the tone of its voice. You would literally pee your pants right now if you weren't trying to make a good impression. You felt frozen.

"don't ya know how to greet a pal?" It told you, the tone of its voice almost deep and alluring, smooth and calm yet the smell of cigarette ticks you off almost instantly. Unpleasant memory from the surface kept getting back to you.

"turn around," the creature told you in such a commanding tone, "and shake my hand." Just so you were certain you wouldn't get in trouble, you did what you were told but with your eyes closed and your nose scrunched at the stench of the cigarette. Blindly, you felt the creature's cold and almost boney hand and the second you did, you were pulled into the creature's chest.

Making you release a quiet yelp, but as you made contact with the creature's chest, you heard the most familiar sound. It continued to echo into the entire area you both were in until a few seconds of silence passed, you heard the creature chuckle. It was a kind of chuckle that sends a chilly feeling over you.

You craned your neck to realize that this creature was, "the old whoopee cushion in the chest trick." He spoke to you, both of his hand holding a firm grip on your shoulder, his eyes winking down at you with his lopsided smirk. His cigarette dangling at one corner of his teeth, the smoke visible through the thick white snow falling from above or somewhere.

"it's ALWAYS funny." He chuckled deeply, gently pushing you back to your feet, "i'm papyrus, by the way. papyrus the skeleton." He smirked, putting his boney hands inside the pocket of his red orange hoodie accompanied by his dark colored jeans. You didn't seem fazed or freaked out by this skeleton in front of you. In fact, just standing near him and letting him acknowledge your presence made you feel safe and cozy.

Unconsciously, a small sincere smile, and for the first time in your miserable life if I may add, you had managed to smile sincerely. In front of a skeleton!

"I-I'm Y/n."