××|10

Light blinded your every vision. Mutters were heard. Then suddenly, you felt a pair of hand grasped both of your shoulders and then engulfed you into a surprisingly warm, enjoyable embrace.

The quick scent of cigarettes and . . . honey? entered the wonders of your nose. Your face was immediately buried into the stranger's chest. A single hand went behind your head, gently stroking the strands of your hair as you heard him inhale a long, shaky breath, "t-thank god . . . you're back." He whispered so quietly it was barely even audible.

By the sound of the voice, you were already certain who it was, and you weren't feeling too agitated of him hugging you anymore, "P-PAPYRUS? I-IS SHE . . . AWAKE?" A sweet voice asked behind the two of you, but the taller skeleton didn't seem too faze of letting you go yet.

"P-Papyrus," another voice called, it was a female's for that matter and it seemed too timid and somehow masculine at the same time, "T-Take it easy, please. She just woke up from a very long sleep and y-you might suffocate her even." Papyrus quickly unlocked his arms around your body. As if the word suffocate was his trigger word.

"s-sorry." He sniffles, looking down at you with a lopsided smirk, "you okay, darling?" He asked tenderly to which you nodded in response. Still finding your voice the moment you woke up. It was as if the moment he embraced you, he scared away your voice. You were still too flabbergasted by his actions a while ago that maybe your tongue hid into the farthest corner of your throat.

"HUMAN?" A shaky voice called beside you, you locked gazes with a pair of ocean colored pupils, looking up to you like a lost little puppy, "F-FORGIVE M-ME FOR T-TRYING TO KILL YOU. I-I SHOULD'VE KNOWN BETTER T-THAN TO USE H-HORRIBLE PUZZLES." He stuttered and you smiled at such an adorable sight getting unfolded right before your eyes.

"It's okay." You told him hoarsely, maybe it was due to you just waking up. You had no idea how long you were out, but deciding on how they looked, it could've been just a couple of days or hours?

"Uhm," you started, finally regaining courage to speak, "how long was I out?" You called onto them, "couple of days." Papyrus answered for you, but he seemed to be thinking of something else as he answered that. He was looking at you thoroughly. His gaze penetrating your SOUL.

"y/n," he finally called, his tone stern and frightening, "do you have something to . . . tell me?" He choked, you glanced at the fish woman just a few feet away from him who quickly avoided your gaze then to Sans who stood beside you. Giving you and his brother a confused stare. What was he talking abou—your scars.

As if by immediate instinct, your hand snaked around your wrist, covering the scars you have engraved on your skin from the past. You pursed your lips into a thin line before slipping the bottom past your teeth and chewing on it due to nervousness. Suddenly, your breathing became shallow as your heart began picking a quicken pace.

You were hyperventilating. You were having another round of your panic attacks. I mean, who wouldn't? He just figured out about your scars. He wouldn't want to know you anymore. He would probably hate you and think you were a bad example for his little brother. Heck, he might even not care about you anymore.

But . . . he didn't.

"H-HUMAN?" The shorter skeleton stuttered as tears brimmed your eyes and you were quickly breathing through your lips, "undyne, an inhaler! quick!" Papyrus quickly commanded and by the blink of an eye, he was at your side. Soothing you calmly as he gently stroked your back. Whispering sweet nothing's into your ears. Trying his best to calm you down in any way he could.

"it's okay, darling." He told you sweetly, "breathe with me, okay? breathe." He begged and you quickly followed his thorough breathing. Undyne was quick to come back with an inhaler and Papyrus slid it beside him just in case things get worst as he was still focused on helping you breathe.

"you're okay." He finally breathed as you were finally calm, he engulfed you once more into a tight hug, kissing the top of your head with a soft smile, "you're good, darling." You gave the taller skeleton a small, tender smile. Your eyes failing you each second you make eye contact with him when suddenly, it occurred to you.

"H-Hey," you called hoarsely, your breathing becoming shallow by the second you talk, "yes, darling?" Papyrus asked, his tone cracking as he watched your eyes drop and open, "darling, y/n . . . stay awake, please. stay with me, okay?"

A small smile is what you gave him and slowly, you shook your head and the twinkle in his seems vanished along with all your hopes and desires. Dumped in a trash elsewhere, never to be found or cared for ever again, "y-y/n, stop joking around. it . . . this isn't funn-"

"I'm . . . tired." You told him honestly and he seems too fast to pick up on what you were trying to tell him, his eyes watered suddenly as he shook his head, "n-no! no, you can't . . . you can't sleep, y/n." Papyrus begged, and it only made you want to stay more, "WHY NOT, BROTHER? THE HUMAN SAYS SHE'S TIRED. WHY WON'T YOU LET HER REST?" Sans asked innocently.

"remember when you get mad at before taking breaks?" Papyrus tried so hard to to break down in front of his brother, Sans nodded as an answer, "w-well, that's the same thing. i don't want her to rest because we still have a lot to do. a lot to explore and . . . and, god, please just no." He cried, not even caring whether his brother would see him or not.

"y/n, please. don't close your eyes. don't you fucking dare, y/n!" Sans pursed his 'lips' as his eyes widened at the foul language his brother gaze. Undyne quickly came to Sans' side and left the room for the two of you, "I-I'm . . . sorry." You breathed, "But I-"

"i know, you're tired. and i . . . i just . . . don't know what to do without you. y/n." You sucked another ounce of deep breath, "i love you." And then, everything went dark again.

~•~

I don't even know why you guys read this.

I mean, seriously, I update really really slow and yet . . . here you still are.

Truly, I am grateful for your support. For actually putting these books in your library and waiting for me to update.

I mean, yeah. There are a lot of stories out there that are probably even netter than mine and yet you chose to read mine along with it.

And I'm grateful for that. And just know that I cherish you guys so much. Sure, 90% of you would probably skip this A/N. But at least there's that 10% who wouldn't.

So, until the next chapter.

See ya.