Chapter 17

Everyone seemed to hate me during the last chapter like wow.

SONG - IF I GO - ELLA EYRE

P.S I LOVE ELLA EYRE.

About twenty minutes later, Jay and Astrid burst into my apartment with Patrick trailing behind them. Immediately they set to work: Patrick went to clean up the remnants of my kitchen while Astrid and Jay worked together to carry me off the floor where I'd been sitting down absently since Jason had left. I wondered how Astrid knew since I only sobbed on the phone to Jay but he must have been the one to call her.

Either way I was grateful.

After I was successfully dumped on the couch and the kitchen was clean, Astrid brought out a bucket of Rocky Road ice cream and expensive white wine which I tore through the second it was handed to me.

Patrick shoved in a rented rom com which I could hardly pay attention to since my eyes were more blurry than often. No one said anything. They were waiting for me to say something first. I respected that.

"I told him." I said solemnly after the movie had gone halfway and I couldn't take it anymore.

"Jason?" Astrid asked tentatively.

"I told him a-and he couldn't take it." I sniffed remembering the incident. "He broke up with me." It was then that I finally recounted everything that happened. From when we were together in the supermarket with Jon to when we got home and tragedy struck.

"Oh Ry." Jay said sympathetically rubbing my shoulder. "It's not your fault."

"He said that he couldn't take care of me the way I would have wanted. I tried to tell him all I wanted was him." I said feeling the tears run down my face. I ate a spoonful of ice cream and felt remarkably settled for about a second. No wonder people turned to ice cream to cure their heartbreak.

"Well he's a bastard and a half for not listening to you." Jay concluded. "And I may have liked him in the past but no one breaks my Ry's heart."

"Thanks." I whimpered with a mouth full of the cold confectionary.

Astrid sighed pouring herself some wine "From the way you described him, I honestly expected his reaction to be a little different. You don't need someone who goes running at the first sight of your past."

"He didn't leave because he was ashamed of me." I argued. "Jason broke up with me because he was unsure. I'm not trying to defend his actions because it was a shitty thing to do and I'm here eating an entire bucket of unhealthy ice cream to drown my sorrows because I do think it was a shitty thing to do. But in understand why he acted so rashly. I would have done the same thing."

"I disagree. No one makes a decision that hastily. He must have been looking for a reason to run in my opinion." Jay argued.

"We don't know that." Astrid piped up. "We're not in his head. We don't know what he was thinking at all."

"Maybe but I sense that he was spooked out and ran out of the situation as quickly as he could." Patrick said surprising us all.

"Yeah but he did it in a douchebag way." Jay said turning to his boyfriend. "Even if he was spooked he could have handled it better."

"Most times people just go with their instincts but we can't blame them for acting irrationally." He replied.

"Jeez babe, when did you become a shrink?" Jay asked sarcastically. It was quickly becoming quite tense between the two of them.