Chapter 28

Prepare for waterworks people...

SONG - PRETTY WHEN YOU CRY - LANA DEL REY

"Have I told you how much I hate knotting ties?" Jason grumbled out. I hid a smile and shrugged "Not really. It's not like you've been lashing about it for the past ten minutes. My boyfriend made a displeased noise at the back of his throat "I don't even know why we're doing this. We should just stay home, order some take out and watch Orphan Black."

I refused to let my heart flutter at the suggestion of such a domestic scene.

"Babe, it's DIAMANDIS magazine's Christmas party. You can't miss it," I reminded him while simultaneously patting my own outfit in the mirror. Since Jason was their new contract photographer he'd been given an invitation to attend. As his boyfriend, I was his plus one. Throughout the day I made sure that my outfit was good enough if I wanted Jason to show me off perfectly. The possibility of upstaging Suzy Spielberg had nothing to do with it.

Jason frowned "Don't remember that being stated in my contract. Attending all work related functions is a must or else your pay will be docked."

I smiled at the playful comment "But still it's not a bad idea. Isn't there going to be lots more people than the magazine staff and executives?"

"Yes."

"Wonderful. This is your chance to network babe. You get meet lots of people with the same interest as you. Friendships are made and opportunities provided. Who know maybe you'll get other contracts and even an audience for when you decide to open your own private showing," I explained to him.

Jason smiled pleasantly "I never thought of it that way. You're right babe. Good to know I have my very own business major guru."

"I'm an engineer first and foremost," I pretended to be annoyed. "Business is my minor."

"Hmm either way you're mine," He muttered sucking my neck. My eyes fluttered "Glad we can both agree on that."

"Yes," His hand creeped underneath my blazer. I pushed it away "Babe we have to be there in fifty minutes. No time for messing around."

"But I'm horny," He whined.

"Not an excuse," was my stern answer but my boyfriend was persistent. He moaned in my ear pressing his bulge against my ass. I bit my lip trying not to give in but it was too much. My hand swung around to push his head closer to my neck "Stop Jason."

Jason made no move to do so. In the end I gave in and let him have his way with me. We were late to the party but I don't think anyone really cared.

------------------------

It was at the Plaza Hotel. The DIAMANDIS Christmas party was in full swing. Models, Designers, Photographers, Writers and everyone else who mattered in the fashion were all gathered. Jason had been apprehensive to leave my side but I encouraged him for his sake. There was no crime in wanting my boyfriend to succeed in his field. From my spot behind the pillar I watched him in satisfaction.

Jason was a shy creature but having him talk about his passion made all the difference. The flute of champagne in my hand tasted sweeter just watching him go.

I was proud.

Very soon it wouldn't be just DIAMANDIS seeking him for contracts – all the major magazines would want him. He might not even want to work for anyone then once his private showings became public envy. I had such high hopes for my boyfriend.