4 - Impressions

Chapter 4 - Impressions

"You're Art?"

My brows raise automatically. That nose gives him away more than his blue long sleeves does. And that messy hair which seems to have been terribly fixed still looks a bit like how it did earlier—unruly but cute. If only the owner is more gentleman, it would've made everything better. But he isn't, unfortunately.

"Yes, I'm that guy," he says as he takes slow strides toward me not even smiling. "Nice to finally meet you, Ms. R.V. Ross."

He extends his right hand out for me to shake but I only take a quick glance at it before looking at him.

"You've got to be kidding me." His brows rise up. "Well, it's not nice to meet you, Mr. Art Leonard."

Napakunot ang noo niya as he takes a step back.

He sighs. "What did I do?"

I roll my eyes. "Easy to forget, huh?" I answer and flash him an irritated smirk. His face warps, evident that he's confused. He doesn't say anything.

I look at Vien. "Can I still go for your offer earlier? I'll take this day off and return tomorrow. I don't want to see this face today." I gesture to Art's face for emphasis, waving my hand out in front of him.

Pati si Vien ay mukhang nalilito na kaya sinabihan kong ikukwento ko na lang sa susunod.

"My friend actually just texted me, and I'd rather go there than see this face right now." I point at his face and when I look at him, I see him standing comfortably, his hands in his pockets and his face clearly showing his confused expression. He's trying to hide it but he's doing a bad job at it.

"I can go with you if you want," Vien offers so I look at her immediately. She looks at me and then at Art and then at me again. "It's hot outside and you don't know Makati, 'di ba?"

Right. I don't want to drag her into this, really, but I also want to be with her. I want to talk to her more so I nod. "Okay. As long as I step away from this jerk ASAP, I'm fine with it."

Vien smiles. "I'll go get my car," she says before getting her bag and walking toward the door.

"Ms. R.V. Ross—"

"Ronn," I answer back, not caring if I sound rude whatsoever.

I hear him sigh so I look at him immediately, my eyes fast enough to catch a small smirk dancing on his face. "We're on a first name basis already? Ang bilis mo naman. But by the looks of it, it seems like you hate me."

I narrow my eyes at him. "I don't care what you call me. And no, I don't hate you. I just don't like disrespectful people. So, let's not go there."

It's his time to narrow his eyes at me. His interest clearly showing. "What did I do to you?"

My eyes move on their own, doing the roll before I even think about it. "Nevermind. Basta next time, be sure na 'yung sinakyan mong taxi, e hindi pa napara ng iba."

My phone pings so I hold it close to my face to check it. It's from Vien saying that she's already in front of the building.

"What?" he manages to ask.

Napailing ako. Gusto kong matawa. Didn't he really notice me kanina? Wtf?

I start to walk toward the door.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Ronn."

"Then don't bother knowing it. Simple," I answer back as I walk.

He doesn't say a word so I keep going. But I stop when I reach the door. I open it and before taking another step, I look back at him only to find him looking at me, too, his hands now placed on his hips. "First impression lasts, Art."