10 - Habits

10 - Habits

I had just come back from our house to get some of my books in my shelf. I felt like re-reading some of my favorite series, and I was just not comfortable reading e-books as of this time. So yesterday, I told Vien and Art that I wouldn't come to the office muna. I already gave Art two reviews na din naman as of last week. Besides, I have to read again to make new ones. When they said there was no problem at all, I went to our house in Pasay. Nakipaglaro lang din ako sa mga bata and spent the night there pagtapos ng konting kwentuhan kasama nila Mama. 

I also own some books that aren't distributed here in the Philippines like Did I Mention I Love You by Estelle Maskame. I initially got a copy of that book as an e-arc or electronic arc via NetGalley, and I fell in love with it as soon as I read it. Then, I searched for copy kaso nga lang wala dito sa Philippines. So, I asked my tita in Dubai to buy it for me. This was before I worked there. The book was also first published in Wattpad. Now that I have the physical books, I might read it again and I seriously can't wait!

I have around 50 books with me right now and I'm feeling rather lazy to put them all in my shelf in my room so iniwan ko nalang muna sa  hallway sa baba. Keira texted me that she'd meet KZ today so I have the unit to myself. Mag-de-date na naman yata 'yung dalawa. It was something they did back in college. They were always together. It didn't make me jealous or something naman. Just a bit siguro minsan but after some time then, I already accepted it. We're all best friends but there are some things we have in common with only one person in the group so we have these buddy connections with everyone. Also, I was in a relationship back then kaya hindi rin ako masyadong nakakasama sa kanila. 

 I'm just about to make myself a sandwich when my phone rings. 

Vien.

"Hey," I greet. "What's up?"

"Babe, can you come to the office right now or are you busy?" she asks, her voice a little too excited. 

"Why? Did something happen?" 

She laughs and says, "No. Yeah. Well, yes something happened but nothing bad. It's actually a good news. Gusto ko lang i-share today sana."

I sigh. At least it's not something to worry about. Minsan V really gets me nervous over her news like this. "Uhm, phone?"

"I can't. It's a company matter so I need you here." 

"Oh, I'm on my way then," I answer back. There's no problem with me going naman since I literally have no other things to do. And I have always been on the go basta hindi busy. Also, it's work so it's fine.

"You sure it's fine?"

I laugh. "Oo naman, V. It's work. I can't say no to work, you know me."

"Have you eaten ba? It's a little past lunch."

I stare at the fridge. "Not yet. Later nalang siguro. I had coffee naman and you know what it does to my system." 

I hear her frustrated sigh. "Hindi ka pa rin nagbabago. Let's go grab food after the meeting."

"Alrighty! See you."

Vien doesn't like my habit of not eating just because I had coffee in the morning. I rarely eat breakfast and that frustrates her. I don't know, coffee makes me feel full. The day she knew this, she bugged me non-stop and always ordered food for me. Keira and the gang knew this as well pero nasanay na lang sila sa'kin.

Nag-half bath ako sandali para ma-refresh man lang, dahil na rin magco-commute ako at alam kong maiinitan ako sa byahe. I put on a white 3/4 sleeved button down and a high waist skinny jeans. I didn't wet my hair naman so I just had it up in a messy bun. I put on some light make-up as well. No foundation 'cause I don't really like them. Pumunta ako sa kwarto ko para kuhanin ang maliit kong sling bag just for put my phone, keys and wallet, and then I'm on my way to the office.