Chapter 2: Central City

I moved the last box into my new appartment, well it was more of a penthouse. I turned on the tv and started to unpack.

"Hello I'm Linda parks here reporting to you live from S.T.A.R. labs" the reporter started saying. I unpacked a picture of oliver,thea,me,and ollies mom and put it on a shelf. I sighed. "Wait I'm now being told to evacuate, the cooling system-" She was cut off by the power being turned off.

I ran over to the large window, looked past the rain and out to S.T.A.R labs. I only heard bits and pieces about S.T.A.R labs, but I heard it was important, something about new technology.

I saw the whole city go out, then S.T.A.R labs exploded, sending shock waves everywhere. I turned around and saw that the water I had set down was floting up, defining gravity. "What the..." I said.

Then I heard thunder and wiped back around only to be struck by lightning. I blacked out.

~9 months later~
I opened my eyes up to a bright blinding light that soon faded and turning into what looked like a hospital room. "Ughhh..." I moaned and sat up. I looked around and no one was here. ~wierd~ I thought.

I got up a ripped the wires out of my arm. There was a mirror in the corner of the room, so I walked over to it. I looked in the mirror and I was a tad bit taller than I had remembered. Then it hit me. ~ I was hit by lightning! How am I not dead?!" I thought.

Just then a nurse busted through the door. She stopped dead in her tracks when she saw me standing. "Woah..you alive? And awake?" She said staring at me with her eyes wide open. "Um yeah. C-can you not stare, it's making me feel uncomfortable." I said. "O-oh! Sorry!" She said. "So when can I go home?" I asked.

"We'll have the doctor look at you and he'll say if you can go or not" She said walking out the door. An hour later she came back with the doctor. "Well I'll be..she's alive!" He said. "Doctor can you check her, she would like to go home." The nurse said. "Yes, right!" He said walking over to me.

He checked my pulse, my eyes and my beating then said "everything's normal, your go to leave." He said with a smile. The nurse got me my clothes and layed them out on the bed. I got dressed in my blue jeans, (f/c) and (s/f/c) flannel, and my favorite dark gray coat.

I looked in the mirror and smirked. ~not to shabby~ I thought. I checked out and started walking to my apartment. When I got there the penthouse had barley a scratch on it.

I walked in and asked the owner of the appartment, "I thought the penthouse would be in shambles". "Naw there was only a small hold in where the lighting was, the rest was fine, and easy to fix too. But it's been 9 months sense it happend."

He said handing me my keys again. I walked up the stairs to my appartment thinking ~9 months!!! In a coma for 9 months!~.