Chapter 7

PARVATI'S POV:-

I quickly got up with a jerk. I had a nightmare again. My clothes were wet with my sweat. I looked around and realized I was safe. I got up from the bed and walked towards the huge glass window of the room which was covered by blue curtain. I moved the curtains away and looked outside. It was already dark.

 "God, I have slept the whole afternoon" I thought to myself. Then something caught my attention, there was no sound around. Everything was dead silent, as if no one was there. I thought about Dhanush. "Did he go out or something?" I asked to myself. I opened the door of my room and walked outside. I searched for him everywhere but he was not there. I panicked a little but suddenly I heard the unlocking of the door. I froze in my place.

 I heard some voices talking.

Soon after Dhanush walked in with a lady by his side. I studied both of them with surprised eyes. "Good evening" Dhanush greeted me in a serious tone. The tone he used to greet me surprised me. He seemed disappointed. "Good evening!" I said in a broken voice trying to understand everything. "This is Dr. Avantika" he said and gestured at the lady beside him. He led her to the couch and also gestured me to take a seat.

I studied the lady, she was a short and healthy looking woman. She was wearing a patterned long kurti and her hair was in a braid. From her look she looked way too intelligent and professional and why won't she? She was a doctor. 

Then the realization dawned on me. She was the same doctor who found out about my syringe marks. "Oh no, did Dhanush learn about everything!" I thought to myself and panicked. Both of them were staring at me as I had done a heinous crime.

The lady sent a weak smile at me but I simply looked at her with terrified eyes. "Wait, let me make some tea for you guys" Dhanush said and got up quickly. He rushed towards the kitchen leaving both of us all alone. My feet turned cold at that. I prayed to god that, she won't ask me anything and she didn't. She remained busy with her phone as we waited for Dhanush to return back.

He was real quick, and returned back with a tray of mugs soon. We all grabbed each mug and then waited. The silence was killing me, it was a torture. "Parvati, what is that you are hiding?" Dhanush spoke after he took a sip and rested his back. He was sitting beside the lady doctor and I was on the adjacent couch. "Nothing!" I murmured in a low tone and faked a smile.

"Take a look at these" he said and pointed at some papers which were placed on the table. I hadn't had noticed the papers which were lying in front of me all the while. "What are these?" I asked him as I studied the papers. I knew what they were and what that meant. The two persons who were sitting in front of me already knew about everything. "These are the your medical test results we did yesterday" he informed in a casual way. He glanced at the doctor who was staring at me. 

"Oh" I muttered.

I grabbed the sheets and read the lines written on them.

"I know you understand everything that is written over there" Dhanush said as he placed the mug on the tray. "It's better you tell us everything or else we will have to take help from the police" he stated. 

"No, don't" I almost screamed. "Dear, try to understand, we are bound to do so. The drugs which were injected in your body is illegal in our country" the lady explained in a gentle tone. 

It felt like those police interrogations where one is the good one and the other is the bad one. Dhanush was definitely playing the bad one there. "i.. i..." I tried to speak but couldn't form the words in my mouth.

My mind was filled with thoughts and I was so afraid. I felt vulnerable all of a sudden. My eyes watered as I looked away from them. Dhanush got up from his place and rushed towards my side. He hugged me tightly and I broke down in his arms. He patted my head lightly. 

"We will not force you my dear, but it's better for you if you speak the truth. Maybe we can help you" he spoke in a gentle manner. I looked up at his handsome cute face. His eyes were filled with tears which were about to escape but he was trying to hold them in.

"You can't help me, Dhanush. My life is ruined" I stammered out. I was so confused and felt so vulnerable that I simply wished to confess the truth and let the burden off my chest. 

"Why? What happened?" he asked as he cupped his palms around my small face. "I am not like you guys" I said as I tried to look away. "What do you mean by that?" he asked me. "Dhanush, give her some time. She will speak" the lady doctor instructed. He glanced at me and then at her.

She nodded at him giving him the confirmation. "Okay!" he muttered and then sighed. "Parvati, take your time but you will have to tell us the truth otherwise I will have to go to the police" he explained. I looked into his dark eyes and then nodded. 

He was about to get up but my hand automatically grabbed his palm. He turned towards me. "Stay here please" I requested him with pleading eyes. He looked a little nervous but then he settled back in his place. "I will be with you. Don't worry" he said in a calm down.

"Let's first have our tea, and then we can talk about it" the lady doctor interfered. Dhanush nodded at me and then he handed me my cup.

We both had our tea in absolute silence. The only sound that was in the room was that of the traffic of the city. The room felt strange and I was still thinking what would be the consequences of my confession. 

It was as if I was trapped from all sides. I couldn't run away from Dhanush, nor could I stay with him. For a moment, my mind was filled with all sorts of suicide images. Yes, I wanted to die. Death seemed like a better option all of sudden. But the problem was, I didn't really have the guts to die. I didn't wish to die. I wanted to live. But living a life like mine was nothing more than death. People like us are treated like dead creatures. We are non-living to the world outside. We are like robots, made for orders.

"Okay, so tell us" Dhanush said as he placed his empty mug on the tray. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't understand what he had said. I looked at his face and then at the doctor. "Tell us" he repeated. "Okay, but promise me, you will not go to the police" I requested. 

He looked at his doctor friend and then at me. 

"Okay fine" he said and nodded. "We both promise you that whatever you will tell us today, will only remain between us three" he explained. I felt a relief as he spoke those words. 

I had trust on Dhanush, but I didn't trust the lady. I had no idea about her. The only reason I was ready to confess in front of her was that she was a doctor and she was a friend of Dhanush. I sighed loudly as I studied the marbled floor beneath my feet.

I looked at their eager faces waiting for listening to my story, my painful story. The worry about what would they think about me after they know what I am, was killing me. But I knew it was time to say everything to them so I didn't waste anymore time and started thinking about my horrible past from the start. 

It started like a movie in my head.

Thanks for reading!

Vote

Comment

Follow

ZS8