Chapter 22

"After a year, our business had started working smoothly but due to political tensions, my father was getting threatened to go back to our homeland. It was my second year in the college and mind it, I was the highest scorer of my batch so I had gained a lot of respect in the locality. That actually helped me get more students both for English and for commerce subjects. While the tensions with the political workers were going on, a beautiful girl joined my coaching center. And she was the most beautiful girl I had ever laid my eyes on"

"You say that about every girl"

"She was the first, Son!"

"Okay!"

"Her name was Pavni. Just like her name she was a pure soul. Her personality was as beautiful as she looked. She looked like a Goddess to me. She was among the very few female students I had in my center as at that time female education was not that mandatory. She used to wear pink and yellow saree and wear a black bindi between her brows. She was slimmer and taller compared to other girls of her age. She was so beautiful that she used to stand out in the crowd.

" Is she Parvati's mother?" Vasanth asked casually.

"Yes, how did you know?"

"The name gave an idea"

"She was in 12th standard when she joined as a student at my coaching. It took me some time to gain her trust. Slowly, she became free with me. She told me all about her family. It was much later that I got to know that Mitras were one of the richest families in the town. She used to tell me that she wanted to expand her father's business and so she was studying so hard so she could do better. I completely understood her as both of our dreams were similar. We were like two sides of a single coin. I also helped her in admission in the college I studied so she could ask me anything she had doubt in, in the college itself and also I would gain some popularity because of her. Just as I thought she became popular as soon as she joined. She was among the only two female students in commerce batch of that year. On top of that, she was extremely gorgeous. Every boy in the college was after her. She used to tell me about all the love letters she used to get after she joined the college. We used to laugh and talk in the tuition about all that.

"Ah, so romantic"  Vasanth slurred.

"I had also met her parents and they loved me a lot. Even though we were Christians they did like us. It took us some time to explain to them. It was much later that my father told them the story of our conversion like how we were Brahmans before and then were converted to Christianity. They didn't really understand the idea of conversion and so they started thinking that we were brahmans and the things were different down south" He giggled.

"But that at least helped me a lot. Her parents started liking me more. That was my first step to getting her. It was also her parents who had helped my father settle properly in Lucknow otherwise the other businessmen were protesting. Anyway, all that made our families grow closer. I used to go out with her to the movies, eat at hotels and go shopping. We were living like a normal husband and wife and I was loving it. But she used to always talk about the movies we watched. It is quite funny but her parents never allowed her to watch movies before she met me. The whole cinema experience was all new to her. One day, one of her friends told me jokingly that Pavni was also dreaming of marrying a man just like the heroes of the cinemas. That broke my heart completely. I used to think that she liked me. But I also confident that nothing would happen which will snatch her away from me. We were going to get married soon. I had also discussed the matter with my parents but they had said not to rush things so I too didn't bother."

"Great! At least your parents were intelligent" Vasanth replied.

"But soon a new guy was transferred to the college. He was senior to her and he was like every other rowdy, a political worker. He used to come to the college only for his political work and partying. He hardly cared about studies."

"Parvati's father?"

"Yes"

"His name was Somnath. He was too proud of his good looks. He had light greenish eyes and brown hair just like Parvati's"

Vasanth giggled.

"He used to make fun of everyone in the college and especially me. He hated me because he was jealous of my intelligence and family background! After his arrival, my survival in college was jeopardized. I felt pathetic. Every single day he would pick on me and he would always be surrounded by his goons. But that was okay with me. I really didn't care much about him as it was my last year and I knew he was not going to end up anywhere. However, the things started getting annoying when he saw Pavni for the first time. My classmates informed me about their meetups. He initially started disturbing her just as they did in the movies back then and then he started stalking her. He would also follow her to my coaching center every day and we both used to quarrel about it. Soon, I got the information from one of Pavni's classmate that she was in an affair with that Somnath fellow. It was the saddest day of my life. For the first time in my life, I had gotten drunk that night. I went to prostitution center and had sex for the first time."

Vasanth laughed hysterically. "You got drunk and lost your virginity just because Pavni was with another guy."

"Things were different back then. We didn't use to sleep with every other girl we found attractive like you people do these days. But I would have liked it more if that happened back then" Mr. Robert grinned as he sipped on the liquor. 

Thanks for reading

VOTE 

COMMENT

SHARE