Chapter 17

PARVATI'S POV:-

I followed the lady. She took me to a bright room which was filled with mirrors and lights. 

"Here, ma'am. Please sit down" she guided me to a seat. 

I sat down according to her instruction. She took my bag and placed it on a desk.

"Ma'am, I am placing your bag here" she informed me and left.

I sat there quietly looking around the room. There were huge mirrors in front of me. For the first time in my life, I looked so bright and pretty in the mirror. My eyes and hair were shining. I watched my reflection closely. "I look pretty in this mirror" I thought.  A mid-aged lady came out from a room behind me. I smiled at her. But she didn't show any emotion. 

"You must be the new model?" she questioned seriously.

"Yes"

"What's your name?"

"Parvati!"

"Oh. Girl, don't you take care of your hair? You have such a lovely hair and you have damaged it. These days, girls are so careless!"

I sighed loudly as I had no answer to that.

She spent more than an hour doing my hair and make-up. The other lady kept on coming and checking on me in between. The make-up lady was really frustrated with me. I was not used to sitting still for such a long time so I kept moving. 

"How is she doing?" Mahesh came in with a huge smile.

"She is not helping at all, Mahesh!" she answered.

"It's okay. She is all new to this. With time she will get used to this. Anyways, will you hurry up? I have to start. Vasanth has to leave in an hour"

"Okay, she is almost done. I will get her dressed and send. Please, send Mary."

"Sure. I will meet you soon. Don't worry, Parvati. Everything will be fine. Just relax. I don't want Dhanush to complain that you had a bad time with my people here!"

He left.

"You know Dhanush?" she asked.

"Yes"

"How?"

"I am.."

"She is his girlfriend, aunt" Mary interfered.

"Oh, Lord. I am sorry about how I behaved with you all this time. I thought you are one of those girls who left studies to try out modeling!"

"It's fine"

"Mary, get her dressed" she ordered the other lady.

I got up from my seat and looked at myself in the mirror. I was looking so beautiful. I had never thought I would look so gorgeous.

"You like my aunt's work?" Mary asked.

"Yes, please thank her for me!"

"I will. You are really sweet. And please don't mind her. She really hates those girls who leave their study in between and come for modeling gig"

"Why so?" I asked as she handed me the dress.

"Ah, she is one of those girls. I will tell about it later. Please, go on and put on the dress. We need to hurry. Vasanth sir is really angry!" Mary informed.

I quickly changed. She fixed the dress and did last minute touch-ups I needed. She helped me walk to the photoshoot area as I was not comfortable with the heels.