Enemies

"Here she is!" 

Avery threw me on the couch and I quickly looked up and glared at the three of them.They all had that same expression.anger and somehow worried. "What the fuck do you want?!" My Mom glared at me even more for using this 'language' at home. "Weren't you both idiots fighting?!" Mother came over and slapped my cheek really hard.

I stared back at her surprised she did that.She has never hit me in my entire life. "What were you doing with that boy again?" "Why would you care! All you ever care is working to buy drugs for this old man and shag around with him!!" That man started to walk closer to me,so i grabbed the closest item next to me which was a knife. "Put the knife down April!" Avery shouted this time."Neither of you let me live my own life,when will you understand that i'm not six anymore?"

"You wouldn't even last a month on your own and you know it." 

"I wish my Dad was here."

"What was that? I don't want you to mention that man in this house." 

"Why won't you let me hang out with my friend? It's not like we haven't known each other for years and were not doing anything-" "Maybe one day you two will you slut! If i haven't had met your father,I wouldve been happy. not stuck in this hell with you!!" 

"Well i'm not happy with all of you either! You'll see one of these days i'll be gone and you'll never see me." "April?!" I looked up and saw that outside of the house standing there was "Wendy." I raced outside as i could hear my parents shouting for me to come back inside.I hugged her and didnt let go of her "Hey!! Let go of my daughter!" 

Wendy looked down at me then at my Mom. "I won't. April has been kind to me and she always lighten up Kurt's bad days,if it weren't for her he would be lost! Kurt and I might not get along that much but I can tell they both care for each other so much."

"I don't want my daughter to be friends with a family like yours! You all just drink until you pass out and you only married that man cause your alone." This fight lasted for almost 2 hours and there was no use fighting anymore.I sighed and smiled warmly at Wendy "Wendy i'm glad that you tried and defend me..but i don't think they'll ever change." Besides both my family and Kurts are identical.Non of our parents seem to recognize their own mistakes.

"I'm so sorry Honey.But i guess you Mom and I will never hang out like we used to." 

"APRIL THIS IS YOUR FINAL WARNING!!" 

I gave Wendy a last smile and ran back inside.As soon as i entered Avery locked the door behind her with that same smirk "No more seeing your boyfriend." She sang. That caught my Mothers attention again "You slut!!" She slapped me again and pushed me against the floor. "That kid is suicidal and you know it!! If i ever see you with a stomach like i did when with your father,you will regret it." 

"Oh yeah? And he's not if you just get to know him-"

"Your telling me he's not!! You wanna know what it feels like to die come on i'll show you!! Mother looked over to my 'Father' and he handed her something."I don't care if i leave a huge blood stain on the floor." She loaded the gun and pointed it to my head. "I dare you to pull the trigger then." I stared at her eyes.She was about to pull the trigger so I closed my eyes and waited..but nothing happened. O opened my eyes once again and saw someone in front of me,stopping me from getting killed.

"Avery?" I whisper. 

"There's no need to kill her right now Mom. I'm sure she's had enough for today and if you see her with with the boy you can go ahead and kill her." 

I stared at my Mom than my sister,Mom didn't say a word she just walked away with her husband behind her. "Try not to get yourself killed again." Avery walked away leaving me on the floor confused and sad that I won't be able to get near Kurts house.Well maybe I can if i don't get caught but the real question here is.Why did Avery stop my Mom from shooting me?