Problems

School is getting worse. Matt is on my mind every second of the day and I can't think. My grades are dropping. I can't help myself.
    "Taylor, what is up with your grades? You are normally extremely smart and get all A's. What is going on, sweetheart?"
I looked at my mother blankly. I can't tell her. She can't know about Matt. She cant.
    "Nothing's going on," I said smiling.
She raised a graceful eyebrow at me.
    "Then why are your grades dropping?"
I didn't know what to tell her. I hated lying. But I wanted to keep my love with Matt.
    "I've been having trouble because of the people in my classes. They distract me."
My mother nodded and picked up the phone.
    "In that case, let's move your seat in each class."
She dialed each of my teachers numbers and told them to move me. I really did hate lying, but it had to be done.

    Arrietty called me while I was talking to Matt. I went on mute and picked up the phone.
    "What's up Arrietty?"
    "Taylor."
    "What?"
    "You need to break up with Matt. Right now."
My heart began to race. Why would she say that? She knows I love him. I looked at Matt. He smiled, then it faded. His thin lips became sad. I turned away from the camera's view.
    "Why?"
    "Because he doesn't love you."