Chapter 5 (Edited)

I ran into my room and leaned my back against the door. Tears were in my eyes, because I knew that I had lost not only my best friend but my protector as well. I was dreading going to school tomorrow because I knew that he wasn't going to protect me from when the pack members started to bully me. I was certain that he would join them as well.

I slid down the wall and moved a hand through my hair, tears of pain and sorrow falling down my face, even though I wished they wouldn't. I hated self-pity, because I knew that I wasn't someone that should be pitied or have it.

'Don't worry,' Cyra soothed, her voice filled with pain. 'We'll be out of here in no time. Just tell your Uncle that you had shifted.'

'But, you told me not to tell anyone,' I whispered. 'Not even my mate.'

Cyra sighed, sadly. "You need training, however. And, the only place you can train is with your grandmother in a different pack.'

I furrowed my brows. I knew that my grandmother was dead. I only had one grandmother, so I did not know what she was talking about.

Cyra chuckled, but it was dark and full of pain. 'Your mother's mother,' she said. 'She is a White Wolf, also. It skips a generation.'

I sighed and moved a hand through my hair and shook my head, hating the fact that I didn't even know that I had a grandmother from my mother's side. I looked around my room and my brows furrowed together when I saw that I could see things clearly. It was surprising, because all I could ever remember was seeing things blurry.

Cyra chuckled. 'There are many differences that you will see that had happened after you had shifted,' she said, sounding rather pleased. 'The first is your eyesight. The second will be that you have grown.'

I looked down to see that my jeans were rather short and that my shirt, well Tommy's shirt, was not as long as it had been beforehand. "Huh."

Cyra chuckled. 'You are now 5'8. You will find it easier to lose weight and keep it off.' She paused. 'Why don't you go to the bathroom to see what else happened.'

I complied to her wishes and walked to the bathroom. A small gasp appeared from my lips when I looked at myself.

Gone was the chubby faced girl but someone that a well defined face with no fat. My hair wasn't as boring as it had been but was a more vibrant blonde. And my eyes, oh my eyes, they were brown and gold, not that boring color that I had grown to know. "Wow'" I said. My eyes traveled to my lips, and I was glad that they looked fuller than they had been.

Cyra chuckled at my shock.

I shook my head and sighed before going back to my room. "Come in," I called, hearing a knock on my door. I grabbed a pair of old glasses and placed them on before sitting on my bed.

Alpha Ryker came into my room and looked me up and down, frowning. "Sam?" he asked, his voice hard.

I bit my lip and nodded my head. I looked at my hands, not wanting to see the hard look on his face, even though it was rather blurry because of my glasses. Wow, I really was blind.

"You've grown. Do you have your Wolf?"

I licked my lips and cleared my throat. I had no idea how I was going to tell him, nor did I know if he would believe me. "I... I think it'd be best if we can talk about this in your office. Please, Alpha."

Alpha Ryker nodded his head, probably catching my pleading look. "All right," he said. He gestured towards the door, indicating for me to go first.

I nodded and stood before going to his office, followed by him.

***

"So, what is it that you wanted to talk to me about?" he asked, closing the door. He walked to the couch and sat down, gesturing for me to sit at the other end.

I sighed, took off my glasses and rubbed my forehead, sitting down as well. I hadn't had my glasses on for even ten minutes, and they hurt my head. "I'm the new White Wolf," I blurted, causing him to raise an eyebrow. I took a deep breath and sighed. "My Wolf is white. I-I am only allowed to tell you."

"Who told you, and can you tell your mate?"

An image of Tommy glaring at me appeared in my head when he asked if I had shifted or not. I shook my head. "My Wolf, Cyra, told me," I said. "And no, I can not tell my mate."

Alpha Ryker nodded. "Did you find your mate?"

I looked at my hands and nodded.

"Is it Tommy?"

I hesitated but nodded, again.

"Does he want you?"

I shrugged. "I-I don't know," I replied. "I don't think he does..."

"Your mother is from the White Moon Pack," Alpha Ryker said, changing the subject. "Do you want to go there?"

"My grandmother is there, and I think that is for the best." I did not tell him that I was probably going to be abused more at school and at this pack house.

Aloha Ryker nodded his head. "So be it. George is a friend of mine, so I will ask him if you can live with your grandmother. When do you want to leave?"

I looked at him, my face hard. "As soon as possible," I replied. "I love you and Luna Cala as my family. But I can't live here anymore."

Pain was etched on his face, but I could see that there was proudness in his eyes because I was taking control of my life. "So be it," he said. "I'll see that you will be set up to leave tomorrow."

I nodded and hugged him. "Thank you," I whispered. "Thank you for everything."

Alpha Ryker hugged me back. "Always," he whispered. He squeezed me tight. "My daughter." 

_____________________

A/N: Aww, he counts her as his daughter. Who do you think will reject who?

I want to know what ya'll think.

As always, don't forget to vote/comment. I'd love to hear your feedback.

Thanks

~Rissa