Chapter 24 (Edited)

"Why the hell were you in the dungeons last night?" Uncle Ryker asked, anger evident in his voice. He glared at me, moving a hand through his hair while pacing in front of us. His whole body was tense, and I could feel the anger coming off of him in waves. "Do you know how dangerous they are?"

"Not as dangerous as you think," I replied, leaning back in my seat. I glanced at Garrett and Jack on either side of me tense. I could tell that they both did not like Uncle Ryker this anger and would try and protect me if he did attack. "I'm not dead, aren't I?"

"No, you aren't," Aunt Camille said. She studied me, calmer than her mate. She leaned forward on her arms, keeping an eye on me and her mate. "What happened?"

"Well, I went to the dungeons around two in the morning, so it was in the morning and not at night." I smirked when Uncle Ryker growled out a warning. "And, Cyra had told me to go down there at that time. When I went down and to where they were at, I heard them say "Ego sum"."

"Ego sum?" Uncle Ryker asked. He stopped pacing and looked at me, frowning. "What does that mean?"

"'I am innocent'," I replied. "They can only speak in Latin in late evening and early morning."

"Why?"

"They are programmed to."

Uncle Ryker frowned in confusion. "Huh?" he asked, cocking his head.

"There was this flower somewhere in Greece that was and still is called Lamina Floure," I said. "Most of the flowers have been destroyed by Witches and Warlocks a long time ago because of an agreement between my many great-grandmothers and then a person named Aenes Velis. However, I think some Witches and Warlocks had kept seeds with them and not do what they had been told to do."

"Why?" Uncle Ryker asked, sitting by Aunt Cala. He glanced at me and then at Jack.

"Witches and Warlocks used the flower to brew these potions to make Werewolves do what they wanted them to do," Jack said. He leaned back in the seat, his arm brushing against mine.

Wolves were normally pack and family based. They showed comfort and support by just a touch of a head or rub against the body of the other. Werewolves were the same. They were bred to be with others of their kind. They were bred to be companions to others and that was why there were packs.

Sure, there were Rogues that did not stay with packs, but they were in company of others. Be it Humans, Witches, or other Rogues, they still had someone to lean on when there was trouble.

Those that didn't sometimes turned feral and attack other packs. There had been a few that had attacked my pack and couldn't be helped, nor saved, by my grandmother or myself.

The touch of the arm from Jack was to remind himself that I was still there, and I was alive. He was reminding himself that I had not been taken by Witches who knew that I was the White Wolf and tried to control me.

"Why do they that?" Aunt Cala asked, furrowing her brows together. She pressed her lips into a thin line, and I could see the disgust on her face. "Why do they take away the free-will of poor Wolves for evil?"

"Power," Garrett said, causing me to nod my head. "They want to control the Wolves to make them puppets."

"The flower gives the Witches and Warlocks power over our Wolf partner," I said. "They can silence the Wolf and put their own voice into the mind of the person." I pursed my lips together and growled softly. "They can basically take over the Werewolf."

"They can make the blind see, the deaf hear, and the mute speak," Jack said, with a small growl. He had seen what it could do first hand, having witnessed someone trying to attack my grandmother and I when we were practicing. He fisted his hands together, digging his nails into the palms of his hands.

"Well, what can we do?" Uncle Ryker asked. "If they are innocent like you say, then how do we get them unprogrammed?"

"We make a phone call."