Chapter 6

"You're just as fucking worthless as your fucking son!"

"Lydia, you're such a fucking bitch. I can't believe I ever thought that I could be happy with you. You just mess everything up. You turned my life into bullshit! I never wanted to have a kid! That was all you! And now I've got a fucking stupid son who I'd rather kill than be happy for!"

I pushed myself further into the cupboard and hid behind a bundle of clothes. I bit my lip to keep from whimpering and held my hands tightly as they began to shake.

Wisen up! It's just another fight!

The voice inside my head continued to yell at me, but I closed my eyes in hope that it would just go away. I moved my hands up to my ears and shook violently. 

It wasn't just 'another fight.'

It was worse.

Bang.

Something slammed against the cupboard door and a whimper escaped my lips. Removing my hands from my ears, I took in a deep breath as the door slowly began to open.

Dad.

He looked more drunk than usual. More angry. His black hair was hanging down messily and he had sweat rolling down from his forehead. His stubble was growing thick, and his dark eyes were a cold, deadly.

His mouth twitched up into a smile.

"What the fuck?!" He roared as he grabbed my arm tightly and hoisted me out from the cupboard. He slammed me to the floor at his feet, and then looked at my Mom furiously.

Mom.

She looked more scared as usual. Her blonde hair was all sticking up and she had bruises on her face and arms. Once her eyes met mine, I looked away.

I knew she hated me.

"What's wrong Hunter?" Dad cooed as he knelt down next to me. His arms wrapped around mine and I was pulled to his chest. I felt something hard and metalic on the side of my head and flinched as the corner of my eye recognized this as a gun.

"Don't say anything Hunter!" Mom warned.

Bang.

The gun was removed from the side of my forehead and all of a sudden, Mom dropped down. A trail of blood escaped from under her hair and I whimpered desperatley.

The gun was placed back on me.

"Now, you pathetic little shit. It's your turn."

I closed my eyes tightly, preparing for the worst. 

But then there was a sharp knock on the door, causing Dad to drop the gun from  my head.

"Police!"

I heard the front door bust open and then all of a sudden, 3 armed officers sprinted into my room. I didn't look at any of them though, I just closed my eyes.

"Drop your weapon!"

Bang.

At first I wasn't sure if Dad had shot me, or if he had shot an officer. I couldn't feel the physical pain, but then I thought that it was just because the mental pain was blocking out everything else.

I was 99.9 % sure that I was about to die.

But then the arms around me sagged down pathetically, and Dad dropped to the floor.