Chapter 7

"It's Saturday, Saturday, gotta get down on Saturday. Everybody's looking forward to tomorrow cause it's Sunday, Sunday. Satur-"

"For the millionth time, shut the fuck up!"

"Nope, I don't think I will!"

"Shut up, Taylors!"

"Why?"

"Cause I'm pissed off!"

"I'm Kat, nice to meet you."

Crash.

Hunter tackled me to the floor and I gasped for air when he practically sat on my stomach. He held me down by my shoulders, and used his weight to keep me from struggling.

"Can't...breathe!" I wheezed.

Hunter chuckled. "That's the point of it."

"Rape!" I screamed, kicking randomly at Hunter. "Rape! Rape! Mom?! Chris?! Hunter's trying to rape me!"

Chris walked into the living room, vaguely looking at me and Hunter as he strolled into the kitchen. He stopped, glanced briefly at us and raised an eye-brow.

"Rape, huh?" He asked.

I managed a nod.

"Hunter, stop trying to rape your sister."

"She's not my fucking sister." Hunter muttered under his breath, rolling his eyes as they glared into mine. Somewhere behind the danger, I could see that he was finding this situation kind of fun. Who knew? Maybe he'd even smile.

"I'm not his sister, I'm his friend." I explained to Chris.

Who suddenly became wide eyed.

"Friends?"

"Yup!" I grinned. "As of Monday, we're friends."

Chris was smiling now. "Is this true Hunter?"

Hunter just muttered something completely inaudioable under his breath again. Chris winked at me before walking back into his bedroom to my Mom. Actually, I was surprised that I wasn't in bed. It was about 10 AM, that was still sleepy time for me.

The week had gone by pretty quickly. Most people knew about Lux and Hunter by now, and even Mom and Chris knew...but I'd sworn them to secrecy so they never mentioned it.

Despite Hunter's lack of attention to Lux, she was convinced that he was 'falling in love with her.' He couldn't be though. They met up about once a week outside school and only spoke occasionally during school. When Lux was talking, Hunter's eyes were elsewhere. And when Hunter was talking to her...well that never happened.

He was one crappy boyfriend.

But I felt sympathetic.

Because the only reason he had gotten a girlfriend in the first place was because he wanted to be normal for once.

Usually I would have given him absolute crap on how it was wrong to use girls, but for some reason I felt sorry for him and just laid off the subject.

Me and Hunter however, were slowly progressing. He didn't threaten to kill me as much, didn't push me around as much, and when he made mean comments, I could see the joke to it. Like earlier this morning, it had been our first real morning conversation without him pouring steaming coffee onto me.

                                           ***Flashback to Morning***

"Are you awake?"

I made a weird groan, and then twisted around in my blankets so that I was facing Hunter. He was sat up, in his boxers, and his chest was on full display. He looked tired, but then again, he always looked tired.