Chapter 9

Chapter 9

I pushed the bathroom door open and...ah, that's where Hunter was. He was slumped down on the floor, his head leaning back over the edge of the tub, his knees to his chest and his eyes half open and red.

He didn't even look up at my entrance or as I walked over to sit down next to him.

"Are you awake?" I whispered.

Hunter groaned and squished his eyes shut. "Sadly."

I laughed humourlessly. "How long have you been in here?"

"A while."

"Have you been throwing up constantly and have a raging headache? Feel like you're about to pass out with the pain and-"

"Yeah, yeah. I get the idea, Taylors."

I laughed lightly again and then sat in the same position Hunter was with my back pressed against the bath tub. I looked at Hunter as he closed his eyes, and then sighed.

He looked horrible.

Well...horrible for Hunter.

Of course he still looked...pretty good.

Under his emerald green eyes were purplish, black circles. His skin was as always, unhealthily pale and his lips were a little chapped. He had probably changed out of his clothes earlier because now he was in a pair of his dark boxers and nothing else. His chest was bare, slight muscles visible and soft skin just about touching against my arm.

"What was wrong with you yesterday?"

I know, it was a long shot. But I was curious.

Hunter groaned again. "Nothing."

"Come on, Hunter. You were doing so well and then...boom. You abandoned our friendship."

"It wasn't exactly a friendship..."

"Close enough." I sighed. "Are you gonna tell me what was up?"

Hunter opened his eyes and rolled them. "I just didn't like it, ok? We were just kidding ourselves thinking that we could get along. I hate you and you hate me. That's all that's gonna happen with us."

"Hunter, you were doing so well and-"

"I don't give a fu-"

Hunter was cut off by his own actions as he clutched his stomach and groaned in pain, squeezing his eyes shut. Once he opened them again, I pulled myself onto my knees and crawled a little closer to him.

"Gonna throw up?"

"Yeah." He choked out.

Without thinking, I reached forwards and took hold of Hunter's shoulders. At first he was a little still under my touch, but readjusted a few seconds later. I gently turned him around so that he faced the toilet, and then I carefully pushed him closer to it. I placed one arm on top of Hunter's bare back, and then used the other to pull and hold the hair back from his eyes as he crouched his face over the toilet.

Hunter coughed violently and threw up in the toilet as I rubbed his back soothingly; pushing my face further against his body and eventually leaning my chin on his shoulder.

"Fuck..." he muttered, right before emptying his stomach once again.

I rubbed his back harder. "Shhh, it's ok."

"Ok. Chris wouldn't fucking shut up about that this morning."

"Cause you were fucking hillarious, that's why."