Chapter 3: Exposed

I knew what I had to do. I ran towards the bathroom, leaving the door open and I saw that another door on the other wall was open! Pixi had escaped. All of my other mates were looking at me and then at the teacher and then me. Did they think that I did it? I hope not. Their mouths were dangling open and eyes wide. Some were crying a lot and then some teachers found out. Afterwards, I found out that they thought I was absent that day! It didn't matter to me, I didn't say I wanted to be a hero but I couldn't let her get away, especially when she could cause a lot more trouble!

I ran towards Pixi after I found her in front of the daycare gate, stealthily sprinting away. I finally caught her and held her in one place. My eyes were red and I was furious. As a child, I wasn't all so agressive or violent. She tried to force away from me but she couldn't.

"I know what you did!", I screamed at Pixi. "Wh-why would y-you do such a thing?! I'm surprised you never got caught.." "Do what?", she asked with a confused look on her face. A fake look.

"I won't let you get away with this!", I said as I stormed off. Yet, I heard this little whisper that wasn't mine, "Let the games begin.." 

I walked back to the school secretly without anyone seeing me and ducked through the halls and went into the bathroom through the door and into the other door where our room was. While I walked through the door, I had a casual look as if I was there for a long time. 

Ms. Parks' corpse wasn't there, neither was the carpet, all I saw were my friends packing their bags to go home. Becca told me that we had to go home early so I packed my bag and paced to my house which was two houses next to the daycare. I sighed heavily and entered..