Chapter 4

I woke up the next morning and looked into the room where Nate was sleeping. He wasn't there so I just went to get ready and assumed that he has left already.

He probably didn't want to be seen with me any more than he already has been.

I threw on a pair of black leggings, a white tank top and a random baggy jumper that looks comfortable and walked downstairs. I walked into the kitchen and had the biggest shock of my life when I saw Nate cooking something. I sniffed a little and smelt bacon. "Oh my god, that smells so good!" I said as I sat down. He placed a plate in front of me and I looked at it in confusion. "You made me some?" I asked.

"It's your house, and your food." He shrugged. I nodded and ate the bacon that he had put into perfectly cooked bread.

"Where did you learn to cook like this?" I asked.

"When I was little remember? My Mum made me take those boring cooking classes." He replied.

"Oh yeah," I laughed "and you always moaned that the teachers breath always smelt like smelly cheese."

"It did I swear. I'm not even exaggerating." He laughed. We both slowed down our laughter and then sat in an awkward silence as we finished our food.

"Your going to wear that to school?" He asked as he looked at my jumper.

"Yeah, why?" I replied. "It's comfortable." I added with a shrug.

"It is not fashionable." He replied.

"Nothing I wear to school is fashionable, it's not meant to be. Remember what happens if I do wear something 'fashionable'?" I asked.

"Oh, right." He replied.

"Yeah." I sighed. We sat in awkward silence for a minute.

"Look, Maya, i'm-'

"Don't say you're sorry." I replied.

"What?" He asked.

"Don't say that you're sorry. " I repeated. "You said it once before then went and did the thing that you were supposedly sorry for, again. How am I supposed to believe you when you run around doing things like that?" I asked.

"I know I went against my apology but I promise it won't happen again." He said as he looked straight into my eyes.

"You're right, it won't happen again. Because I refuse to accept another apology from you." I told him as i got up and washed my plate up. I then grabbed an apple and a drink of water out of the fridge and a packet of crisps out of the cupboard for my lunch.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because I don't trust you." I replied.

"No I get the apology thing, I mean why the food?" He asked. "Why not eat in the canteen?"

"Because the canteen equals people and people equal humiliation and that is not on my schedule for today." I replied.

"Wow, I really made your life rotten didn't I." He said as he looked to the ground and shuffled his feet.

"Yup, I had to change the way I lived my whole life. Adjust the time I do things so it doesn't clash with the time others from school do. I had to start wearing baggy clothes and stuff like I am now so people don't make fun of me, didn't work by the way. I had to start eating in the libray, stop messaging people. Others left because of my unpopularity. I work alone in class and walk alone in the corridors which is the complete opposite of primary where I had mates that I could rely on and trust. People I trusted started telling my secrets and I gave up on trying to stop them. Rumors have been made numerous of times. But it's okay, you guys have your fun right? I live my life happily and alone where no one I care about can hurt me. It's easier this way." I explained.