Chapter 13

We got home and watched a bit of tv until about half four before going to get ready for the event, which my mum told me was a meal and a dance. He went into the guest bedroom and got ready and I went into my bedroom to get dressed.

First I showered, then I dried and curled my hair. I then did my make-up and got my dress on.

It was a white dress with a tight top and the bottom flowed out. Black lace followed it down and got wider around my waist. I smoothed it down and looked at myself in the mirror. I smiled a little before remembering my shoes.

My heels were all black and had a white lace pattern that followed them down. The lace started at the very top of the shoe and then ended just before the part of the shoe that bends to touch the floor. I slipped them on after adding the insoles to stop them from hurting my feet as much.

I grabbed my bag and packed lipstick, mascara, gum and earphones.

I was debating whether to bring a book or not when someone knocked on the door. I quickly put it back on the bookshelf and walked out to see who walked in.

Nate was standing in my room wearing his tux and staring at me. His hair was messy but smart at the same time. He looked perfect.

"Wow." He muttered. I smiled a little.

"Do I look okay?" I asked as I looked down at myself.

"You look gorgeous." He said as he walked in and sat on the bed. I walked over to sit next to him but he pulled me onto his lap. "You should wear dresses more often." He said as he looked me up and down with a smile.

"You don't look too bad yourself." I told him as I fixed his tie.

He smiled and kissed me. I kissed him back and wrapped my arms around his neck. We pulled apart and he looked at me. "Lets take a picture." He said with a smile.

I grabbed my phone and we stood in front of my huge mirror. We took photos of us normally and then did a few with us being silly and posing.

I then put my phone in my bag and walked downstairs to wait or the car to take us to the venue. Mum had gone early to help set us because it is apparently her business that's hosting it.

About five minutes later, a big limo pulled up and Nate looked excited. I pulled my phone out of my bag as I locked the house and put the keys inside it.

"Can you take a picture if us next to the limo?" I asked the driver. He nodded and we stood next to the limo. Nate had his arm around my waist and we both smiled for the camera.

We got in and it took us to a huge house with a grand ballroom inside. We walked in and they offered to take my bag. I shook my head since everything I need is in there and we walked on through to find mum and our seats at the tables.

I spotted her immediately and I went over to say hi.

"Maya! You look gorgeous." She said as I approached her. "Oh and Nate, you clean up well." She said with a smile as she gently hugged me and then him. We both smiled in return and she gestured to a woman next to her. Nate took a slight step backwards. "You remember Stephanie don't you Maya? Tiffany's mum." I nodded slightly and returned the smile that Stephanie was giving me.

"Yes I do, its nice to see you again Stephanie. I didn't know you were Tiffany's mum." I said with a nervous laugh.

"Yes, do you know her?" She asked.

"Well, she has bullied me since I started school." I muttered.

"What was that?" Stephanie asked.