Chapter 16

On Monday morning, I got up and woke up Nate. We got ready for school and then went down for breakfast.

This morning I had threw on a plain white crop top, black jeans, my leather jacket and boots with heels.

"Looking good." Nate commented as he kissed me on the side of the head while I was cooking bacon for everyone.

"Thank you." I smiled at him.

We ate breakfast then caught the bus to school after leaving Nate's mom with instructions on not to leave the house in case Nate's dad came looking for her and that she has access to the TV and any dvd's in the cabinet.

We got to school and walked through the gates. People looked at us for a little while before going back to their conversations.

We walked up to the group, hand in hand, and we all went into the building together. People were whispering extra loudly today and I listened to some girl from my English class saying how Tiffany has fallen out with her little squad. I told Nate and we just shrugged a little.

At lunch, I saw Tiffany approaching us.

"Hey." She smiled awkwardly as she walked over to me. "I just wanted to apologise. I've been doing some thinking and the way I treated you and everyone else was just so not cool..." She trailed off. "So I'm sorry." She added.

"Well I appreciate it. I'm glad you've realised." I replied.

"I've been horrible. I'm sorry everyone." She said as she addressed the rest of the group.

There was a chorus of confused "It's okay' and 'It's fine'.

"Umm one more thing." She said.

"Shoot." I replied. 

"Thank you for the other night. I wasn't in a very good mood and you helped me feel better by getting me up to dance. I actually had fun." She said with a smile.

"No problem." I smiled back.

She looked at me for a minute. "You two really do suit you know." She blurted.

"Thanks." I replied.

"Don't we just." Nate said cheekily. I turned to him and laughed a little before looking back at tiffany.

"So I better be off, got a library to sit in." She said with a sad smile as she waved a little and started to walk off. 

"Wait Tiffany, come and sit with us." I shouted. The others looked at me funny. "Just for today I mean come on, she's apologised." I pleaded.

"Yeah, come sit with us." Jade added. I looked at her in surprise. Out of everyone in the group, she's the most rude. I wasn't expecting her to be first to join me in Tiffany's invitation.

"Sure, why not." Hayden joined.

"Yeah." Bobby replied.

"Well... Okay then." She replied with a smile as she said down awkwardly next to Bobby.

"So, Dean, how's your new girl?" I asked him as I wiggled my eyebrows.

"She's good." He replied before he took a bite out of his sandwich. "She's just in the French room at the moment practicing for her speaking test." He added.

"Awesome." I smiled at him.

Turns out Dean really liked Isabel. She actually attends our school but we didn't know her because she's in the year below us and spends a lot of her time studying at lunches so we had never spotted her before.

"Aww you got with Isabel?" Tiffany asked.

"Yeah we've been together since the day after the meal." He replied.

We spent the rest of lunch talking about what had happened at the meal and then we all met up after school, including Tiffany, and went to the arcade which was great.

We eventually said our goodbyes and made our way back home where Nate's Mum, my Mum and a police car were waiting.

"What's going on?" I asked as we ran up to the house.

"Nate's dad tried to come here and get I'm but luckily I was here and we called the police. He is down at the station and he's getting some time in prison and rehab for everything he has done." My Mum explained.

"How long?" Nate asked.

"Not that long, but he'll be okay anyway." She replied.

Nate nodded before going over to hug his Mum and tell her it was going to be okay.

I hugged my Mum and told her that I should have been here, not at the arcade. She told me it was fine and that I didn't know he was going to try to burst in on a wild rampage.

I nodded and tried to believe her but that night I told Nate and he couldn't help but feel the same even though everything was sorted and he was secured away somewhere.

"Well, it's all over now." He said as he pulled me closer to him on the sofa.

I looked at him. "Yeah I guess."

"Thank you again for everything you've done for me and Mum."

"It's okay really." I said for what must have been at least the tenth time.

He smiled at me before yawning. "Come on, let's go to sleep." I said as I dragged him up and to bed.