Chapter 14

The night went like any other event I have been too. When everyone was seated, they brought out the menus.

While we were waiting for our food, me and Nate talked to some of the other people on out table. One of the lads is called Jason and he had a twin called Jeremy. They were the funniest people I had ever met, they were mischievous like the weasley twins but with sandy blonde hair and brown eyes. Jason looked different from Jeremy but their features were similar.

There was also another two girls on our table, one was called Isabel and she had gorgeous ginger hair that had left down and curled properly, obviously by a stylist and the other was blonde and called Audrey. They were both amazingly sweet and I couldn't tell whether it was forced or not.

In total, there were seven of us on our table and everyone was talking except for Tiffany.

Me and Nate were talking to the twins and Audrey and Dean was talking to Isabel.

I nudged Nate. "Look, I think Dean might like Isabel. They haven't stopped talking since they sat down." I whispered.

He nodded and pulled out his phone. He messaged group.

NATE: 'I think Dean's found a girlfriend.'

JADE: 'Who?!'

NATE: 'A girl at the event thing'

JADE: 'Wait, Dean's at the party??'

ME: 'Yea'

BOBBY: 'Why didn't he tell us?'

ME: 'Dont know, maybe he didn't think it was important?'

JADE: 'Hmmm'

I turned off my phone because I heard people starting to give speeches and being on our phones would be rude.

After the speeches, people started dancing and Nate pulled me up.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"We're going to dance." He told me.

"But I don't want to dance." I replied.

"Please, for me?" He pleaded.

"Okay sure, why not?" I replied.

We got up and he pulled me to the dance floor. All we did was swayed side to side but it was actually quite nice.

A faster dance song came on and we started doing silly dance moves and laughing at each other.

Dean was dancing with Isabel and they were looking pretty cosy when the next slow song came on.

Dean lent down to kiss her and I smiled. Nate kissed me too and then me and him danced for a bit longer.

We went to get a drink and we saw Tiffany sat on her own looking pretty down.

I sighed before doing something I'd never do.

"Come and dance with us." I told her. She looked up at me, surprised. So did Nate.

"You want me to dance with you?" She asked.

"Yeah, why not. You look too lonely there on your own." I shrugged while wishing I never asked her in the first place.

"Okay." She replied before she got up and we all walked over to the dance floor. Dean and Isabel came over to us and so did the twins and Audrey and soon everyone was dancing together. Dean and Nate were actually pretty good dancers but the twins were just plain silly which was fun to watch.

After two songs, I noticed that Tiffany was starting to loosen up on her 'too cool for you' act and start acting normal for a change. She was laughing at Jason and Jeremy's dancing along with Audrey and I smiled a little.

After another two songs, me and Nate went for a break.

"That was nice, what you did for Tiffany." He said to me when we sat down.

"It was nothing really. She was just so lonely when everyone else was having such a good time." I shrugged.

"Yeah." he replied. "Look, i've been thinking about something and I have finally decided on what I want to do." He added.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I want to go back to my parents house to get my things and explain to my parents where I am and what I'm doing and why I'm not going back and I was wondering if you would come with me to support me and help me through it."

"Sure, of course I will." I replied as I looked up at him with a smile.

"Good. I'm going to need you there with me if i'm going to get through it."

"I'll be with you every step of the way." I replied and he kissed me gently.

"Thank you."

"Anytime. You didn't need to ask really." I added.

"I know but I wanted to be sure that you would come."

"Of course I would. I care about you too much not to."

He smiled at me and looked me straight in the eyes making my heart skip a beat. "I love you."

"I love you too." I replied before I grabbed his arm with a smile and pulled him over to our new friends.

We danced for the rest of the night and when we got home, we flopped straight onto my bed and fell asleep.