1. "MAYBE THIS TIME WILL BE DIFFERENT"

SIX MONTHS BEFORE SUPERMAN'S ARRIVAL, PRESENT DAY

Lex Luthor's Perspective

"Maybe this time will be different. I can only dream."' I mumbled to myself. I stared out the window of my office. On normal days I'd stand here and observe. I'd judge the people of Metropolis as they all nonchalantly wander through the city streets. I would stare over the individuals then guess their stories, as if I were a god at play. Yet today I felt that it was not as necessary.

"Mr. Luthor?" I jumped as Mercy knocked on the doorway of my office. I cleared my throat.

"Yes?" I turned towards her and smiled, shrugging.

"Is everything alright Mr Luthor?" I nodded, turning towards her.

"Everything's fine. Now I don't imagine you like wasting my time just as much as I don't like wasting yours. Therefor, what did you come here for?" she smiled a little.

"I just wanted to remind you about the house party I'll be hosting tonight. You'll need to give a speech..." I nodded again.

"Yes, yes...thank you Mercy." I turned away. I had assumed she had left by then, but then she spoke again.

"Are you sure everything's alright Mr. Luthor? You seem quite... on edge. Shall I schedule an appointment to go to the spa?" I shook my head. I never liked the spa, and even if I did I needed to keep myself busy. The last thing I could do at this moment was relax. I thought this over for a moment. Then, I made a decision.

"I need you to find another person to invite to the party. An old friend of mine..." I walked towards her and slowly smirked. "Her name is Andrea. Andrea