11. ABDUCTION

15 YEARS AGO

Alexander's Perspective

I sometimes have a bad habit of naming the first things I see when I wake up in a environment I'm not familiar with. When I woke up laying on a stretcher while being carried into a ambulance, I counted this to be a unfamiliar environment.

"Ambulance..." I looked down at myself. As the medics lifted the stretcher into the ambulance, I looked at my hand after touching what seemed to be a small cut on my cheek. "Blood..." I continued to mumble to myself. I looked to the woman already sitting near me. "N-nurse..." I quickly leaned up to see, the one person I wanted to see not too far away. "Andrea..."

"Alexander? Alexander. You've lost a lot of blood sweetie. You might feel weak or sleepy but I'm going to need you to stay awake until we get to the hospital okay?" I groaned a little as the nurse looked over me and spoke. I laid back down. I wanted to go to Andrea but I knew there was no hope. She was too far away and I could barely move.

"I feel fine... Am I going home?" I asked her the question as I could hear the door of the ambulance close. I smiled a little and closed my eyes. I could hear Andrea's voice from outside. I sighed a little and listened to her. I couldn't quite hear what she was saying but I could still hear her. "Can she come in?"

"Is she your sister?" I opened my eyes and batted my eyes at her. I looked at her as if she had three heads before responding.

"...No. Of course not."

"Is she related to you or family in any way shape or form?"

"No. But please--"

"I'm sorry, but no..."

"She's not my family but... She's all I have... I just want to say goodbye." the nurse sighed and looked out the window.

"It looks like she's been trying to get the medics to let her in for the past few minutes here..."

"Please, just let her in. Just let me say goodbye..."

"No. We have to leave as quickly as possible."

"But--" I gasped as the ambulance car began to move. I leaned up to see Andrea's face through the window. I reached out towards her. "A-Andrea..."

Third Person Perspective

Lex Luthor Jr. would never forget the way he looked at her that day when he had to leave her. He would never forget the pain it caused him, how that pain seeped through his soul and left the blackest of bruises. After all, it was the same way he felt now. As today, in present time, he stood in his father's  office and stared down at his glass of whiskey. He thought to himself, thinking those same words and repeating those same words.

"Ambulance. Blood. Nurse. Andrea..." he bit his lip and slowly took another sip of his drink.

"Andrea..."

PART ONE: THE RAIN.