3. THE PARTY SHE SHOULDN'T HAVE GONE TO

SIX MONTHS BEFORE SUPERMAN'S ARRIVAL, PRESENT TIME.

Lex Luthor's Perspective

"Are you certain you invited her? That she got the invite?" I repeated, whispering in Mercy's ear. She looked at me and nodded.

"I am absolutely sure that I delievered the invite, Mr. Luthor. Whether or not she received it on time and is coming, I am not in control of...I've done everything I can." I bit down on my bottom lip before licking my lips nervously. I hadn't felt this much anxiety in a while. And the fact that she could do this to me so easily, without even being in the room, worried me even more. I was a man of power yet in the matter of a few moments she crippled me.

"Mercy, I am not messing around this time--" I then stopped in the middle of my sentence as I finally found Andrea in the crowd. I smiled a little to myself. "There she is." Mercy nodded. I recognized her facial features almost instantly. I began to study her from afar. While she was unaware of me I was staring straight at her. After a few moments, I began to walk towards her.

"Excuse me..." I slowly put my hand on her arm. She looked at me and arched an eyebrow.

"Lex Luthor. To what do I owe the invite?" I smirked in her direction. She was always more intelligent than me, always one step ahead. Yet at this moment I found I was just one step ahead of her.

"Oh, Andrea. You're easy to find in a crowd. Don't you know how unique you are?" I tilted my head and took a small step towards her. I began to bite down on my bottom lip again as I stared into her eyes. I looked for the girl I once knew before adding. "How could I not invite you?" She shrugged and folded her arms.

"Well. To start I remember using some very choice words to show you how I felt...words I can imagine you understood..." I then grinned, beginning to stare into her green eyes. There she was. There stood the girl I once knew and loved. Her costume of pretending she didn't know me also was quickly fading. And I enjoyed it.

I wanted her to know who I was. I wanted her to see through my disguise and I wanted her to see me for the boy she once knew. Yet how could I ask her to do so. According to her that boy was gone.

"Yes well...Let's just say I'm giving it another try? After all it was fifteen years ago, don't you think it's time to forgive and forget?" I tilted my head and put my hands on my hips.

"Excuse me." She tried to turn and walk away, yet I stopped her.

"Nah ah ah! I'm not done with you yet, Andrea." I told her, walking around her and now standing in front of her. "You and I have some catching up to do." She rolled her eyes.

"I gave you a chance, and you blew it. I gave you another chance, you blew it again. I'm not in the mood for catching up."

"Mhm yes but you still came." I whispered as I began to narrow my eyes at her. I could tell she wanted to get away but I wasn't letting go easy.

"Mhm. Because I wanted to see how the wine you serve tastes." She shrugged and smirked at me. As a waiter walked by I delicately grabbed two glasses of champagne off the tray.

"Well then. Please. Drink." I handed her one of the glasses. She looked at me and began to stare into my eyes. I stared right back into hers. Her eyes were green just like a forest while mine were a ocean blue. Sometimes when I'd stare into her eyes I felt like the colors of our eyes were clashing, making waves and colliding. We understood each other yet we were both so different. She smiled in the slightest and took the glass from me. It was the first time I had seen her smile in several years.

"Well finally. I haven't been able to find a single glass all night..." She teased and stared into my eyes again before taking a small sip. I arched an eyebrow and tilted my head a little more.