10. BREATHLESS

6 MONTHS BEFORE SUPERMAN'S ARRIVAL, PRESENT TIME

Andrea's Perspective

"You know it's dangerous to sit up here and do something like that..." I could hear him gasp as I spoke up, walking towards him. He was sitting on the edge of the building and allowing his legs to dangle over the edge. He looked at me and smiled a little. He clearly had been waiting a lot longer than a hour. He turned himself towards me and stood. He smiled a little wider.

"I don't mind." he went to kiss me yet I put my hand on his chest again.

"Why here. Why now?" I questioned as he bit his lip. I had to know just why he had been so specific about where he wanted to kiss me. And why he for the first time ever denied a kiss from me just because it 'wasn't the right moment.'

"Because." he smiled a little. He looked up at the sky, throwing his head back. "The day when you betrayed my trust...when you were eleven and I was twelve..." he put his hands behind his back and began to walk around me. He chuckled a little when he said how old we were when we first met. I arched a eyebrow and watched him slowly. "Do you remember what the forecast was that day?"

"...That was fifteen years ago. I still don't watch the news today... I'm sorry for my ignorance but I don't remember what the forecast was." he stopped and turned towards me as he stood in front of me again.

"Sunny for the most part, but scattered storms around the time we were in the woods." he took a few steps closer towards me and held my chin. He smiled kindly and tilted his head. "Do you remember what happened the day in those woods?" I smiled in the very slightest.

"It rained. We both got mud and grass stains all over ourselves. What about it?" he smiled more with every word I spoke.

"Do you remember the day about a week before? When we ran away from my father and when you first showed me the woods?"

"Yes."

"Well, that day I lied to you about something." I arched an eyebrow as he came closer towards me. I could hear thunder strike from afar as I raised my eyebrows.

"Oh?"

"Hmhmm." he nodded slowly and stared at my lips. "I agreed over a blood oath to be your best friend. But I..." he shook his head. "I didn't want to just be your best friend." he chuckled and took a small step closer. "No...I wanted to be your lover and I still do want to be your lover." my smile faded.

"You're being serious..." he nodded.

"Ever since the moment I saw you. Ever since the very moment I heard your voice you have been the most fascinating creature, the most gorgeous specimen I had ever met. You taught me so many things...how to be brave...what being in love feels like." I couldn't speak. I couldn't get a single word to come out of my mouth as I watched him.

"I...I..." he laughed as he studied me.

"You don't have to speak darling..." the thunder went off again. It began to rain around us as he slowly leaned in. "I have been waiting for this moment...this is the right moment..." he inched closer and closer towards my lips as I stared into his eyes. He placed one of his colds hands on the back of my neck then put his other hand on my cheek bone. He traced my jawline with his index finger before exhaling.

He then softly placed his lips onto mine and kissed me passionately as the thunder announced itself once more. It began to rain a little more around the two of us, goosebumps forming on my skin. I tried to pull away a little for air but he kissed me again. He gave me two more short kisses before pulling away and breathing heavily. He looked up to the sky again as he held me close. He stared up at the rain, smiled, then whispered gently.

"Well. Would you look at that..." I chuckled a little as he spoke.

"You're such a copy cat."