Sweet Dreams or Beautiful Nightmares

-Friday February 13th 2015-

Chapter 10

*Scarlett's POV*

I swing on the swing, laughing and smiling as big as the sun.

"Higher daddy! Higher!" I laughed as my dad pushed me.

"Go any higher and you'll be like Buzz from Toy Story." My dad laughed, pushing me a little higher.

"I feel like I can fly." I said, letting go of the swing.

Then I fell off the swing, head first into the ground. Just then Kellin stood over me, shaking his head.

"You fucking disgrace! I'm so fucking glad Josh took you. One less mouth to feed." He spat and began to walk away.

"Daddy come back! Why are you walking away?" I yelled for him.

I tried to get up but then I felt hands wrapped around my ankles. I looked behind me to see Josh there, smiling evilly at me.

"You stupid little cunt! He didn't want you! He never did! Just give it up already!" He yelled as he dragged me away and pulled me up by the shirt.

"He's gone and never coming back." Josh smirked, pulled his arm back. Then I felt his strong hand against my face.

~end of dream~

I jumped as I woke up. I looked around and noticed I was still in the car. I looked around and saw Mark was still sound asleep and his mom was pulling into a hotel parking lot.

I let out a sigh, still unable to understand what has happened in the last couple days.

"Hey sweetie, are you okay?" Mark's mom asks.

"Yeah I'm fine, just had a nightmare." I tell her.

"I'm sorry to hear that sweetie." She says, giving me a sympathetic smile as we park.

I really don't know what to say, so I just nod. Just then Mark moves a little and then wakes up. He looks exhausted but then smiles at me when he sees me.

"Hey kid, you good?" He asks, ruffling my head.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I lied, smiling a little.

"Come on kids, let's go inside this hotel. Last pit stop before we head over to the show." She said, being excited.

I was anything but excited. I was really nervous, scared, upset, angry, overjoyed and everything in between.

We all got out of the car and went inside the hotel. It wasn't that big but it was nice. Just somewhere to sleep for a bit. It was currently 12:24 am. So of course we didn't care.

While Mark's mom went are checked us in, Mark and I just stood still, Mark asking me a bunch of questions about Kellin and the band.

"How come you never told me you were Kellin Quinn's daughter?" He asked me first.

"Because technically, I'm not. Kellin was more like a guardian then an actual parent. I have no relation with him." I answered.