Ignorance is a Bliss

Chapter 21

*Jayden's POV*

I nervously walked around my room, waiting for her to get home. She told me that today would change everything. Today would be the day things will never be the same again.

Knowing her, it could possibly be bad or good. There was no in between.

That's when I heard the front door open. I ran out of my room and down the stairs. I didn't want to make her wait.

I got to the front of the house and saw that she was walking but she was with him.

Fuck my life, I thought to myself.

"Hey honey, you rememb-" my aunt said.

"Yeah yeah I remember him." I said in an annoyed tone.

"Be nice." She warned, giving me a threatening look.

I didn't say anything. I just nodded and waited in the living room. I sat down and turned on the tv, trying to find something that would distract me. Honestly seeing the two of them together made me sick.

Both my aunt and that lowlife came into the living room. They both stood in front of me, wanting my attention.

I turned off the tv and looked up at them. I waited for them to say something, anything.

"As you know," my aunt started, "she left and your father can't find her."

"He's not my father." I said but then I realized something.

She left. She was able to escape. That means she's still alive. I thought by now she'd surely be dead. The way he treats women, I was more than positive she was a goner.

"You are just like him wether you like it or not." She said, knowing how much I hated when she compared us.

"I'm nothing like that piece of shit. I don't go around fucking any girl I want. I don't go around smacking the shit out of any girl I see. I don't go arou-" I say but then the guy cuts me off.

"You helped us locate her right? You 'ran' into her in the park that day, right? You came up with the idea of taking her to that stupid summer festival right?! So don't you dare say you're nothing like my brother!" He said, raising his voice at me.

"It was a mistake. I don't want to be a part of this stupid 'game' anymore. So count me out." I say, walking away from the both of them.

"Fine, I guess we'll have to find her ourselves." My aunt said.

"Fine by me." I shrugged.

"I'm surprised you wouldn't be upset or feel guilty." My uncle said.

"Why would I be?" I asked.

"I mean you did lead us to her in the first place. You're the one who didn't do anything from stopping your father from kidnapping her. You even knew where she was afterwards. You could've easily let her go if you didn't want to be part of this anymore. But you didn't because you are just as twisted as your father. And you always will be." He spat in my face.

I didn't say anything. He was right. I could've done something sooner. The last time I saw her was like three weeks ago. She was asleep, helpless and I did nothing to stop them. I was now a part of this.

"What do I have to do." Was all I could say.

*Scarlett's POV*

"Are you guys ready!!" Kellin said into the mic for the room full of supporters.

The room roared with anticipation for the song to start. I gotta say, watching these guys live always amazing. They are so full of energy and everyone here was so positive.

"Okay I wanna see everyone off their ass and have a great time!" Kellin said as If You Can't Hang began to play.

The entire time I was singing along and jumping, just having a good time. It has been so long since I was able to really enjoy myself and my surroundings.

After their set, there was an intermission and I went to congratulate the guys. Honestly seeing them kill a performance made me so happy.

"You guys did great!" I said, approaching Kellin, Justin and Gabe.

"Thanks shorty!" Justin said, ruffling my hair.

"Thanks Scar." Gabe said, drinking some water.

"Thank you sweetie." Kellin said, seeming a little out of it.

I kinda just stared at him, he looked concerned. Even more than usual. Which kind of made me worry.

That's when Vic and Tony came over. They were both smiling and joking about something. Soon after Jaime and Mike followed after them and came over to us.

"Yo I'm pumped about tonight! I can feel like this one is going to be one for the books!" Jaime said, giving me a high five.

I just laughed at his excitement, honestly he always made me happy. His energy was so cool and fun to be around.

That's when something caught my eye, a black figure hovering over Tony. It was really tall and had a black hoodie, covering its face. I felt my throat close and everything around me was starting to spin.

"Hey Scar, you good?" I heard Tony and Vic ask.

I couldn't really talk though. It was like someone stuffed my throat with cotton, sponges, and water. So yeah it was hard to breathe. That's when I felt someone grab my shoulder. I flinched and moved away as quick as possible.

Turning around, I see Kellin staring at me, concerned. I just let out a shaky breathe and looked back over at Tony. The figure was now gone and everyone had their eyes on me.

Great.

"You okay Scarlett?" Kellin asks.

"Yeah I just need air." I manage to say, trying to get away from everyone's stare.

He nods and he guides me away from everyone and into one of the dressing rooms. It's just the two of us and I can't help but feel anxious to be alone in this room with him.

What if he wanted to get in your- , a voice starts but I don't let it continue.

"Dad are you okay?" I ask Kellin, trying not to listen to the thoughts in my head.

"Yea of course. Why do you ask?" He asks, looking confused.

"You look distracted, that's all." I say.

"I'm fine. Are you okay? You looked like you were going to pass out." Kellin says, extremely concerned now.

"I think I just had an anxiety attack. I think I'm okay now though." I say shyly.

We don't say anything after that. There was an uncomfortable tension in this room that really threw me off but no one said anything.

"I'm glad you're okay kid." He said, sending me a small smile.

"Me too." I say, sending a small smile back. If only he knew.

(A/N) oh hey... how's it going... how are the kids? Okay sorry I know this is really late, a year late. But trying to write this chapter was so hard because honestly I hated writing it. But now that it's over HOPEFULLY I can update regularly. I hope you guys still read this because I know how I want this story to go, I just need to put it into words. In other news, I started writing a new story! Its called Guess This Is It, Huh? It's about the zombie apocalypse and I think you'll like it. It's not a fanfic, just a teen fiction since I wanna try new things.. ALSO! If you guys want me to write more fanfics or have ideas for future books to write, lemme know!! I missed writing and I'm glad I am able to write again! And yeah love y'all so much and if you're still reading, thank you soooo freaking much, you have no idea how much I appreciate it! And yeah
Peace ✌🏼