No Real Escape

Chapter 18

*Scarlett's POV*

It was later on in the day. Dad and the guys were getting ready to play their set. Pierce the Veil were on right now and I gotta say, I've missed seeing them play live.

They had so much energy. Jumping off anything and everything. Vic sounded amazing, as he always does. Mike played this drums with such passion, something I always loved about when he played drums. And Tony and Jaime put their heart in their entire performance.

"Okay guys, how are you doing tonight?" Vic screamed into the mic.

The crowd roared in response. I just stood there in awe from the side of the stage.

"Great. Tonight is a special night for us. My niece is here and it was her birthday a couple days ago. So I wanted to do something special for her." Vic said and looked at me.

My eyes widen and I smiled. The crowd cheered and got really excited. Vic motioned for me to come on stage and so I did.

I timidly made my way over to Vic, who then put his arm around my shoulder, making sure that I was calm.

"This is Scarlett guys. She isn't really my niece but she is the daughter of a close friend of mine, so I consider her my niece." Vic says and the crowd cheers.

"She's so pretty!" I heard a fan scream.

I just smiled and blushed. This was crazy, I couldn't believe he actually brought me out here.

"Since your birthday was like 6 days ago, I want you to sit down here," Vic said as someone brought out a chair, "and listen."

I just blushed and sat down. I can't believe he's actually doing this to me right now. I started smiling like an idiot.

"Okay are you guys ready?!" Vic said into the mic, making the crowd roar.

That's when the music started playing for Bulletproof Love and I smiled as big as the moon. This has always been my favorite song and Vic knew it.

I breathe you in with smoke in the backyard lights. {Backyard lights}
We used to laugh until we chocked into the wasted nights. {Wasted nights}
It was the best time of my life, but now I sleep alone. {Sleep alone}
So baby, don't, don't wake me up 'cause my thrill is gone. {Say I'm wrong!}
In the sunset turning red behind the smoke, forever and alone! {Yeah!}

I was in complete tears by this point. I could believe he was doing this for me. In front of so many of his fans.

"Happy late birthday shorty!" He said and then hugged me.

I gladly hugged him back tightly and smiled. The fans were cheering and clapping. Then I felt someone hug me from behind. I turn around a little and see it's Jaime. Then I see Tony and Mike come over and hug us. I just held my big smile on my face and thanked them. After what seemed like forever, they all pulled away and smiled.

"Happy birthday kid." Vic said, tears in his eyes.

"Thanks Vic." I said, smiling.

That's when I walked off stage and stood next to Danielle. She had a huge smile on her face.

"He really loves you, you know that right?" Danielle said, hugging me from the side.

"Yeah." Was I all I was able to say.

Then the guys finished the song and the their set. The show was over and the crowd was still having loads of fun. They all wanted an encore and they wanted to hear King for a Day.