Chapter Eleven: Ice-thawing Love and Nightmares

Narrator's POV

Elsa struggled through her own storm, but the fear wasconsuming her. A dark shadow approached. It was Hans. 

'Elsa. You can't run from this!' He shouted.

Elsa backed away from him. '...Just take care of my sister.'

'Your sister? She returned from themountain weak and cold. She saidyou froze her heart.'

'What? No.' Elsa said in disbelieve.

'I tried to save her, but it was toolate. Her skin was ice. Her hairturned white...'

Elsa's face sank as she realized what she had done. 

'Your sister is dead.' Hans said. 'Because ofyou.'

Elsa dropped to her knees, emotionally broken. And with that,the swirling storm suddenly stopped. The snow froze mid-air,hang suspended, trapped in grief.   

Citizens and dignitaries rushed to the wall's edge and looked outto see over the fjords.

'Kristoff.' Anna breathed, barely able to move but now also able to see across thefjords. She could see Kristoff without trouble.

'Anna.' Kristoff said softly when he saw her.

Anna pushed on towards Kristoff. He ran top speed towardsher. There was still a lot of fjord to cross, but Kristoff wasgiving it all he's got. He was going to make it.But then, Anna heard the sound of a sword being drawn fromits scabbard. She turned and saw Hans, behind Elsa, as heraised his sword over his head. 

'Elsa.' Anna said weakly.

Anna looked back at Kristoff as he ran for her. She gave hima longing look, but then turned away from him and then threw herself in front of Elsa using all of her remaining strength, as Hans brings his sworddown. 

'No!' She screamed.

In that instant, Anna froze to solid ice. The sword hit her instead of Elsa. The sword shattered completely. The forceof it sent Hans flying back and knocked him out. 

'Anna!' Elsa gasped. 

Elsa rushed to Anna and touched her sister's frozen face. 

'Oh, Anna...no...no, please no.' Elsa muttered.

Olaf walked up and saw Anna, frozen. 

'Anna?' He said confused and sad. 

Elsa hugged Anna and cried. 

Kristoff watched in shocked despair. Sven stepped up to hisside. 

Citizens and dignitaries on the castle walls bowed their heads.All of Arendelle was joined in somber silence.But then, Anna warmed. She began to thaw.Olaf looked up and gasped. Kristoff and Sven noticed it too and lighted up.Anna bended her arm and embraced Elsa. 

'Wha-? Anna?' Elsa said shocked and look up to her younger sister.

Anna opened her eyes. She smiled at Elsa, relieved. 

'Oh, Elsa.' Anna said.

They embraced each other.

'You sacrificed yourself for me?' Elsa asked.

'I love you.' Anna said weakly.

Olaf realized what had happened. He was so excited about it, helifted his head right off his body.

'An act of true love will thaw afrozen heart.' He exclaimed.

'Love...will thaw...' Elsa said processing what Olaf just said. Then she realised it. 'Love.... Of course.'