Chapter Five: Mericcup

Merida's POV

Punz, Anna and I changed our clothes and came back to the boys. There was also a blond boy with a reindeer.

'Guys, this boy is going to take is to Elsa.' Anna said. Jack's eyes widen.

'You know where Elsa is?' Jack asked to the boy.

'Well, not exactly, but there was a blizzard at the North Mountain.' The boy answered. I guess Anna already told him everything.

'What's your name?' I asked.

'It's Kristoff. And you guys are?'

'I'm Merida, that's Hiccup, Jack, Rapunzel, but call her Punzie or Punz, and you already met Anna.' I answered.

'Nice to meet you.' He said with a goofy voice when the reindeer moved his head. 'I'm Sven.'

'Okaaaayyyy... Shall we go?' Hiccup asked. I looked at him with the corner of my eye. My heart beated fast like every time he is around. He wasn't like the boys from Macintosh, Dingwall or Macguffin. And by the way, they already found love in there own kingdoms and I'm happy for them. But I have a crush on Hiccup since I met him. We met in the forest where I always go to be free. I was riding on Angus, when I heard some noise. A crack, like someone who standed on a twig and it broke underneath his foot.

Flashback

I immediately took my bow and arrow, placed the arrow on the string and turned around. A boy with brown messy hair and green eyes faced me. He seemed familiar. His left under leg was made of metal. When I was about to lower my bow and arrow, a black creature jumped towards the boy. A dragon.
'Walk slowly away from him, I got him.' I said.
'No, no, it's okay. He is my best friend.' He said. I looked confused.
'Friends with a dragon? A Night Fury for Cailleach sake! They are the death it self!' I yelled.
'You know something about dragons?' He asked smiling. His eyes shined.
'One of the lessons my father gave me. I hated the lessons which my mother gave me, like languages and history. My father gave me lessons in sword fighting, archery, how to survive in the woods, that kind.' I answered.
'Why do you hate languages and history? I think they're quite interesting.'
'I just don't like the way my mother teach me. She is so stern. "Merida, don't do this. Merida, do that. Merida, a princess have to smile all the time." I hate it to be a princess!'
'Well, then I won't bow, but please, can you lower your bow? It makes him nervous.' He begged. I lowed my bow and I looked good at the dragon. He still seemed to be mad at me.
'Can you say your dragon to say he don't have to look to me that way?' I asked.
'You can also do that by yourself. Just let your weapons go, walk slowly to him and stick your arm out. If he likes you he will let you stroke him.' He answered. I slowly letted my weapons fall on the ground and did what the boy said. I slowly walked to the dragon and when I sticked my arm out I looked away, it was the first time in years that I was afraid of something. The dragon feeled warm when he touched my hand with his head. He purred a little and I chuckled. When I looked at the boy I saw he was staring at me. He found himself and smiled.
'See, you and Toothless are friends now. But why are tou afraid of dragons?'
'Well, my mother once had a really good friend. They were best friends. They both got married and talked to each other by sending letters. Then one day, there came a letter from the husband of my mother's friend. There stood that she was kidnapped and maybe murdered by a dragon. After that, my mother never was the same again.'
'What was her name?' He asked. He looked a little nervous.
'Valka, she lived with her husband Stoik at an isle, Berk. I once met them, they were really nice. They also had... a... son...' I finally remembered him.
'Hiccup?' I whispered.
'Nice to see you again, Merida. I missed you.' He smiled.
I smiled back at him. He looked very cute when he smiled. Wait, what? Merida, where's your promise about no boys in your life? And by the way, he must have a girlfriend back at Berk.
'What brought you to DunBroch?' I asked a little blushing.
'My girlfriend and I were looking for kingdoms to help us, if there ever be a war again.' He answered. See, he has already a girlfriend, Merida, let him go. I scratched under Toothless' chin.
'War? We never heard of a war.'
'Against Drago Bludvist. We defeated him, but I think he will come back, stronger than ever.'
Suddenly a shadow flew over us. It was another dragon, a Deadly Nadder, and a girl jumped off.
'Hiccup, I found a castle not too far from us.' She said. She must be his girlfriend. She was blond and had light blue eyes. Then she saw me.
'Who are you?' She asked.
'I'm Princess Merida of DunBroch. Just call me Mer.' I quickly added.
'I'm Astrid Hofferson of Berk.' She smiled.
'You are his girlfriend, aren't you?'
'Yes, I am.' She answered. She hugged Hiccup and kissed him at his cheek. I want to shoot an arrow through her head. Behave yourself, Merida! He would never like you anyway. He must only like girly girls and not girls like you.
'Do you want to speak my dad? About that war stuff?' I asked. They nodded.
'Lets go then.' I said. I jumped on Angus and he ran away. I looked back and I saw them climbing on their dragons and they threw off.