Chapter 8

Lauren's POV

I woke up early today. Maybe it's because I'm hungry. Christina and Lisa are still sleeping. I look at Nicky. She's so beautiful and talented and everything. I admire her a lot. I can't explain why, but I really do admire her.

"Hey Laur. You're up early." Christina said. I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Hey Chris. Uhm yeah, kinda hungry.." I said.

"Didn't you eat last night?" Christina asked.

"I didn't." I said.

"C'mon, let's get something to eat. We'll just order them take out." Christina said. I nodded.

"We need to fix ourselves first." I said while pointing at our pajamas. Christina laughed.

"Okay. You go first." Christina said.

I got clothes then showered. Christina showered after me. I looked at Lisa and Nicky. They're still sleeping. I took out my phone then went to snapchat. I snapped a pic of them.

"Sleepyheads." I say to myself.

Minutes later Christina's done. We kissed Nicky and Lisa's foreheads then left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lisa's POV

I woke up late again. Nicky's still sleeping, Christina and Laur are not here. I guess they went out for breakfast. I checked my phone and saw I have a message from Christina.

"Lauren and I are out for breakfast. We'll bring you guys some take out. Please look after Nicky." She said.

"I will. Bring me chicken please." I replied.

"Lisa! Lauren!" I heard Nicky scream our names. I rushed to her.

"Nicky. Nicz. Sweetie wake up." I said while gently waking her up.

She's having a nightmare. Few seconds later she woke up then started crying.

"I'm here sweetie. Don't worry, it's just a nightmare." I whispered in her ear while gently rocking her back and forth.

Nicky won't stop crying. I stroked her hair 'cause I know that it will make her sleepy. Few minutes later she stopped crying and slowly drifted to sleep. I wiped her tear stained cheeks then continued stroking her hair. She's laying her head on my chest, her hands are holding my left arm. I made myself comfortable then slowly drifted to sleep.

*****

"Lise, wake up. Your food's here. We brought you chicken." Christina woke me up.

"I'll eat later. I don't want to wake up Nicky." I said.

"It's like 10:30, you guys should get up." Christina said.

"Nicky just slept. She had a nightmare, she's screaming Lauren and I's name." I said.

"Did you ask her what's it about?" Christina asked.

"I haven't, she wouldn't stop crying a while ago so I stroked her hair to make her fall asleep." I explained.

"I'll ask her later." Lauren said. Christina and I nodded. We sat there in silence then someone knocked on the door.

"Nicky can go home la- oh she's still sleeping?" The doctor asked.

"I made her go back to sleep. She had a nightmare." I explained.

"Oh. She can go home later when she wakes up. I just want to ask if she's complaining about her back aching." The doctor said.

"She's not complaining, I think the medicine's working." Christina said.

"That's good. I'll just check her bruises. Can you please?" The doctor asked. I nodded, understanding what she meant.

I carefully lifted Nicky's shirt up, showing her bruises. The doctor pressed them gently. Nicky woke up, maybe because they hurt. I stroked her hair, she went back to sleep.

"Just continue to put the cream on them until they heal." The doctor said. We nodded then she left.

An hour later, Nicky woke up.

"Good morning Nicz." I greeted her.

"Good morning Lise." She greeted me.

"C'mon let's eat breakfast. It's like 11:40, almost lunch." I said.

"Didn't you eat a while ago?" Nicky asked.

"I knew that when I move you'll wake up and I didn't want to wake you up 'cause you need more sleep." I explained.

"Thank you." Nicky said.

"No problem Nicz. Get up, let's eat." I said. Nicky got up then helped me get up.

Christina handed us our food then we ate them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nicky's POV

"We're here lady bug." Lauren said.

I didn't realize we're already home. I really don't want to get inside because of my nightmare but I went in. Lauren and I stayed in my room while Lisa's cleaning downstairs and Christina's cooking dinner.

"So.. Lisa told us that you had a nightmare. Wanna tell me what's it about?" Lauren asked. She sat next to me.

"It's my uncle. He came back for me again. He beat me up and tied me. All of you were gone. I'm all alone in this house." I said. Tears streaming down my cheeks. Lauren hugged me then rubbed my back.

"He's not coming back. And when he does, we'll make sure that he won't hurt you." Lauren whispered in my ear.

"We won't leave you. I promise." Lauren whispered again.

She hugged me tighter and stroked my hair. I laid my head on Lauren's chest. She continued stroking my hair. I feel asleep after a few minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Christina's POV

"Nicky, Laur, dinner's ready." I walked inside Nicky's room. I saw Nicky sleeping in Lauren's arms.

"Did she tell you what's her nighmare about?" I asked Lauren.

"Yeah, it's about his uncle, he came back again for her. He beat her up then tied her. She said we were all gone, she's left her all alone. I think that's why she won't go out of the car a while ago." Lauren said.

"We can't leave her all alone because there's a chance that he might come back. He's out of prison so I think he's just around the corner." I said. Lauren looked at Nicky who's peacefully sleeping.

"Go downstairs. Lock the doors and close the blinds. We need to make sure Nicky's out of sight because he might be out there somewhere. Ask Lisa to help you bring the food here, we'll eat here and talk about what we're going to do to protect Nicky." I commanded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you think the girls will do to protect Nicky? Will Nicky's uncle come back again?

Thanks for 117 reads 💙💙 I love you guys so much