Chaper One

*Stan's P.O.V.*

It was Friday night.  I took (Y/N) out to get dinner for our two month anniversary.  I decided Casa Bonita would be a suitable place.  Everything was going swimmingly well until we were on our way home.

"Stan!  Watch out for that deer!" (Y/N) screamed.

I looked back to the road where a deer stood.  I was ready to slam on the brakes, but (Y/N) decided to take matters into her own hands.  She grabbed to steering wheel and jerked it over to the side, and everything went in slow motion from there.  The pickup swerved to the side and started to tip.  it rolled into the ditch, and we ended upside down.  Everything was silent, and I could hear ringing in my ears.  Once the pickup stopped moving I took a deep breath, trying to process what just happened.

"We're okay," I reassured (Y/N) as I turned to face her.

I was okay, but (Y/N) was not.  She sat in the seat motionless.  Her eyes were closed, but at least she was still breathing.  I shook her slightly to see if she'd wake up.  Her body moved enough for me to see the large gash on her head.

"Fuck," I cursed to myself.

I struggled to get out of the vehicle, but I had to get out.  Once I was out, I called 911.

"991, what's your emergency?" the lady on the other end asked.

Once I heard her voice, I realized how serious the situation was.

"My g-girlfriend and I, w-we weer on our w-way h-home, and my p-p-pickup is in the ditch.  S-s-she's still in t-there," I cried.

"Sir, please calm down.  We will send help right away," She said.

I looked back to my demolished pickup.

(Y/N)...

More tears came out as I let out a loud sob.  Soon the ambulance came, and I got in the back with (Y/N).  I held her hand the entire way as the medics took care of her.  When we finally got to the hospital, I was told I couldn't go back with her.  

"Please, she's my girlfriend!" I pleaded.

"Sir, I'm sorry, but we can't let anyone back there," the nurse stated, as other staff restrained me.

"Stan!" Kyle yelled, coming to help take me down.

I collapsed on the ground in defeat. 

"Come on, man.  Let's go sit down ant talk things through," he suggested, leading me to the waiting room chairs.

"How did you know I was here?" I asked.

"The nurses called (Y/N)'s parents and also informed them of a distraught boy that was with her.  They called me to take you home," he explained.

"I'm not leaving without (Y/N)," I snapped.

"I know, Stan.  Just tell me what happened," he replied.

"There was this deer.  (Y/N) freaked out and jerked the wheel and we ended upside down in the ditch.  I was okay, but (Y/N) had a large gash on her head and wouldn't wake up," I explained, holding back my tears.

Next thing I saw was (Y/N)'s parents walking into the waiting room.  Both of them had tears in their eyes.  Her father looked angry while her mother just looked distressed.

"You," (Y/F/N) glared at me.

"(Y/F/N)," (Y/M/N) scolded.  "Calm down, you don't know that this was his fault.

"This is all his fault.  it was his vehicle," he hissed.

I took a deep breath as the pit grew larger, "There was a deer.  (Y/N) jerked the steering wheel of my pickup and we crashed.  I'd never want to hurt her."

He father let out a huff, and they sat at the opposite side of the waiting room.  we spent the next hour waiting in silence.  Kyle was playing games on his phone, and her parents were filling out paper work.  

"Dude, you should really eat something," Kyle suggested.

"Not really hungry," I replied.

The nurse came out, "Mr. and Mrs. (L/N), you may come back to see her now."

I stood.  I didn't really know why, but I did.  I wanted to see her so badly.

"That's not you," her father seethed.

I took a deep breath and sat back down.

Another hour passed, and Kyle had fallen asleep in the waiting room chair.  

Her mother came back out with fresh tears in her eyes, "Stan, you can come see her now."