Chapter Six

*Your P.O.V.*

Class got over, but Stan never came back.  As the bell rang, I sent him a text.

M: Hey, you okay?  You never came back.

I looked up to see Craig in front of me.  

"Hey, I know we broke up, but I was hoping we-"

"I don't really know you, but I do know we broke up for a reason," I cut him off before walking over to Nicole.

"How did that go?" she asked.

"Why did we break up?" I questioned.

"Well there was a lot to it.  One reason was because you liked Stan but dated Craig in hopes you'd get over Stan.  Craig was also very controlling and talked to other girls," she explained.

I took a deep breath, "I need to confess something.  I-I don't think I love Stan."

Her eyes widened, "But (Y/N), he fought so hard to have you."

"I know, but I just don't have those feelings there anymore.  I think I-I like Kyle," I admitted.

Nicole stopped in our tracks and drug me over to the side where it was less crowded, "You can't like Kyle."

"Why not?" I pouted.

"He is Stan's best friend.  You can't do this to Stan.  He lost everything to be with you-"

"You guys continue to claim that Stan lost everything to be with me.  Why did he have o lose everything?  Why was it taken away from him when he could've just gave up?  He didn't break up with Wendy, I had to wait for her to find out.  From the sounds of it, he was a shitty boyfriend.  I don't really know how I was so naive, but I'm definitely not the same girl anymore," I spat.

"I know from the sounds of it he wasn't quite a charmer, but trust me,he loved-"

"Loved is the key word there.  At some point I might have,but those feelings are gone.  I don't know why, but I have to tell him.  This isn't fair to either of us," I interrupted.

 I took a sigh and walked away from her.

M: Hey, can I come over after school?

~Time Skip~

*Stan's P.O.V.*

It was 3:30, and (Y/N) was to be here any minute.  Neither of my parents had any idea about me leaving school  I don't even think Mr. Mackey called them.

I heard the doorbell ring, and I rushed to the door to see (Y/N) standing on the other side.

"Hey," I smiled.

"Hi," she quietly responded.

She walked inside like it was a place she'd never seen before.  

"Do you want anything to drink?' I asked.

She shook her head, "No, I don't plan to stay long.  Can we sit down?"

I nodded and took her to the living room.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

"No, nothing is okay, Stan," she sighed.  "I don't think we can be together.  I know you love me, but I can't fully say I love you too.  As much as I want to, I can't remember you.  I'm sorry, but someone else has come to my life-"

"Who?" I asked.

"I'm not sure you want to know," she muttered.

"(Y/N), please tell me," I pleaded.

"It's Kyle," she replied.

Wow.

I gulped as I forced a smile on my face, "I'm glad."

She looked shocked, "What?"

"This isn't your fault, (Y/N).  You can't help it.  I'm just glad you've gone for someone who is as great as Kyle instead of some dickhead," I tried to comfort her.

She let out a tear, " This is all my fault.  I'm so sorry-"

I hushed her, "This is my fault.  I am the reason you can't remember.  Go be with Kyle.  Don't let me hold you back from being happy."

She hugged me, " You are great.  There is no surprise that I loved you."

I gave her a squeeze, scared that this would be the last time i got to have her in my arms.

She pulled away, "I should probably go."

I nodded and showed her to the door.  As soon as she left, I broke.  I let out a loud sob as I punched the wall.  Next, all I saw was red coming out of my knuckles.

Damnit, now I have to take care of this.

I got into my car and drove to the only person that I knew still cared about me.  I pulled up to the green house and knocked on the door with my good hand.

"Stan?" Wendy questioned.