Chapter Sixteen

*Stan's P.O.V.*

Things between everyone has been tense since Wendy had her baby, Jet.  I was more than happy he wasn't mine.  Don't get me wrong, if Wendy needs support, I'll be there to try and help her, but (Y/N) shouldn't be mad at me anymore.  I just had to find her.

I roamed the halls in search for the (h/c) haired girl. It wasn't until I was in the senior's hallway that I spotted Nicole with (Y/N) and Lola.

"Hey girls," I greeted them.

(Y/N), Nicole, and Lola all looked at me very confused.

I licked my lips, "So, (Y/N), I was hoping I could talk to you real quick."

She hesitantly took a couple of steps away from her friends.

"Okay, so I was thinking that since the baby isn't mine that we could-"

"Fucking idiot," she mumbled. "Do you really think the reason I broke up with you was because Wendy was pregnant?"

I opened my mouth to reply, but she kept going.

"We broke up because you had sex with her, and you didn't tell me until she got pregnant.  Hell, you knew of the possibility, but I had to find out by being that snoopy girlfriend.  I trusted you, Stan, but that was my mistake, honestly," she rolled her eyes before leaving.

The entire hall watched our fight.  I awkwardly approached Nicole as I rubbed the back of my neck.

"Hey-"

"She doesn't talk about you anymore," she interrupted.  "At least not like she used to.  When someone brings your name up, she cringes and looks at us with her giant melancholy eye. It's almost like all the sadness has been shoved into one person.  Then, she'll put a smile on.   One that's obviously fake and almost painful to look at, and she'll change the subject.  But she misses you, I can tell.  Sometimes you can catch her daydreaming in class, and you can tell what she is thinking about.  Her eyes go sad, and she looks hurt.  That's how you know.  That's how I figured out.  She doesn't hate you.  She loves you and needs you .  She needs you to care.  You are the only one who matters to her anymore." 

"I've been trying to get her back," I replied.

"She keeps rejecting you because she's way too strong to just accept you back into her life.  She's scared.  You need to find a way so that she can't say no and see what it's like to be with you again," Nicole responded.

Can't say no?

"I've got to go.  I have an idea, but it needs more time before I can act upon it," I told her.

"Trust me, she's not going anywhere," she said.

I gave her a nod before going on my way.