Chapter Eight

*Stan's P.O.V.*

I laid next to Wendy in her bed, out of breath.  Neither of us had any words for what just happened.

I went back to Wendy.  Now, everything I had with (Y/N) was officially over.  She has Kyle, and I'll probably go back to my stereotypical relationship.  Maybe things are better this way.

I felt a tear escape which turned into quiet weeps.

"Stan, are you crying?" Wendy asked.

"N-no," I lied.

Wendy turned to face me, "You are too.  What's wrong?"

"(Y/N).  I just let her go.  I just gave her up," I cried.

"I knew you ready for this.  Why did you do it?" she asked.

"Ever since the accident, her eyes no longer sparkled when she looks at me.  I still get to see everything beautiful that I love about her, but she can't see me that way.  She just woke up one day and was told she had some boyfriend she doesn't know.  Ever since the accident, every time I got to bed, I hope I fall asleep before I fall apart," I answered.  "I love her so damn much, and it hurts to know that she's off with someone else."

"Stan, I-"

"Nah, save it," I cut her off.  "I should probably go home.  Can we act like this never happened?" 

She gave me a faint smile, "Secret's safe with me."

I got out of the bed and put on my clothes before leaving.  As soon as I got into my pick up my phone went off.  It was Kyle calling.

Oh great.

"Hello?' I answered.

"Hey dude, I have a question for you," he stated.

"Go ahead," I responded.

"Did you really tell (Y/N) it's cool to date me?" he asked.

I gulped at the sound of her name, "Yeah, she's not happy with me.  She likes you, so have at it."

"Wow, you sure you want to do it?" he asked.

"Yeah man, she deserves what ever will make her happy, but I have one request," I said.

"What's that?" he asked.

"Just please don't hurt her.  The only reason I'm so okay with this is because it is you.  I know you don't tend to purposely hurt girls.  Just be careful with her heart," I pleaded.

"Yeah, of course man," he replied.

We ended the call there with our goodbyes.  After I hung up, I lead my head on the steering wheel in defeat.