Brooke

The sun woke me up and I sighed. My eyes opened and I looked over to the sleeping guy that I'd slept with last night. I pulled myself out of the bed and grabbed my extra clothes that I'd brought. Whenever I knew I was going somewhere to sleep with someone, I always brought extra clothes. I showered and while I was showering, the shower curtain opened and it was the guy.

"You wanna go again?" He asked.

"I have school in an hour," I said.

"It's Friday," he said.

"I have to go," I said, finishing up my shower.

"Do I get your name?" He asked.

"If you're lucky enough to see me a second time," I said, dressing myself and leaving.

The guy either didn't care about school, or didn't have school. He lived alone, so I assumed he didn't have it. But I didn't know. All I knew was that I'd gotten out of the house last night because my dad was an awful person and started hitting me and went to a local diner.

As I walked in the school, I was actually excited for it. School was always a safe place for me. It was like I could do what I wanted. I got my English homework from my locker and went to sit in the hallway, since there were ten more minutes until school officially began.

I started drawing and felt relief. Drawing was a great outlet for me. It made me feel less insane, having my cloudy thoughts conveyed in a mysterious drawing.

I felt someone staring, so I looked up and it was some guy with his friends. I'd seen him once or twice, but neither of us ever really approached each other. He looked away and resumed talking to the guys he was with and I returned to my drawing.

Soon, the bell rang and I zoomed through my classes like I was on a mission and I wasn't. When the last bell rang, I went to where the busses were and tapped my foot, waiting on mine. I had a license but no car.

"Hey, there's a party at my house tonight," a senior looked me over. "Come."

"Will do," I said, opening my notes, so he could type in his address.

"Maybe while you're there, we get to have our own fun," he winked at me.

"We'll see," I smirked and he walked away.

I got on my bus and went home. My mom left when I was three, so I didn't know who she was. My dad always told me it was because I was ugly, fat, stupid, high-tempered, and bratty. He blamed me for everything wrong with his life.

When I got home, he was on the phone and when he saw me, he hung up.

"Well, don't you look thick today?" He said.

I rolled my eyes. "Sorry I'm not a size zero."

"I don't know why I bother with you. It's not like you're worth anything. The only reason you're still here and not in the system is so I can get some girls. They love single dads," he said.

"Good to hear," I snapped and started to walk away.

"Don't you sass me," he grabbed my arm and kicked my legs from under me, making me fall on my face.

He didn't used to hit me. I wasn't sure what changed to make him hit me, but he did and I didn't like it. He got eye level with me and shook his head.

"Your mom was right to leave. I should've just gone with her and left you to fend for yourself," he spat and walked off.

I got up and went to my room to change for the party. Before I chose any outfits, I had to grab my water bottle, so I had something in my stomach. I hadn't eaten in two days, so I unwrapped some gum and chewed on it while I switched into a mini hot pink strapless dress and pink flats.

I made sure my hair was straightened and redid my makeup to look perfect. Once I was done, I looked at the address, put it in the GPS on my phone, and started waking to the party.

Once I got there, I started scanning the room for possible suitors I could sleep with. Most of them were taken, so I stayed clear of those. If I knew they were taken, I wouldn't sleep with them. Only single men from ages 17-22. I was 17, so it worked out fine.

I danced with random guys and didn't drink any beer. I hated the taste of it and liked being in control of my mind. After a while, I went to the kitchen to get something to drink, happy there was some water and took a breather.

"Hey, little mama," a guy walked up to me. Clearly too old for me. Not gray hair, but definitely almost 30.

"What are you doing at a high school party?" I asked.

"It's my house," he said.

"Ah," I nodded.

"So, what do you say we go somewhere more private?" He nibbled on my ear and I pushed him off.

"No, thanks. I have rules," I said.

"Oh come on. Dressed like that?" He gestured to my dress.

"Yes, dressed like this," I snapped.

"Well, unfortunately for you, I don't take no for an answer," he set me up on the counter and wrapped my legs around him.

"Get. Off," I growled.

"Excuse me," a guy came up to us and it was the guy from this morning.

"Can we help you?" The guy asked him.

"Yeah, I need her," he pointed to me.

"After I'm done," he said.

"Well, I heard her say to get off. So get off," he said.

"Whatever, I don't need to take this," he rolled his eyes and walked away.

The guy that got that Perv away, offered to help me down, but I jumped off the counter. I started to walk away, but the guy followed me. "Hey, wait, why do you do that?"

"Do what?" I asked, not stopping.

"Sleep around. I know that was different, but you're a really beautiful girl," he grabbed my arm but I yanked it away. "Why won't you accept that?"

"Stop! I'm not important, I'm fat, ugly... Just stop!" I yelled.

To my surprise, he grabbed my arms and pushed me into the wall of the house. "No, no you're not! You're beautiful, smart, amazing, and true!"

His sudden outburst made my skin pale. This guy was crazy. Realization flickered in his eyes and he let me go and I started to walk home, our conversation replaying in my head and how weird and untrue it all was.
*****
So this is co-written by me and FriendlyDragon478 I write Brooke's chapters and FriendlyDragon478 writes Cason's! We hope you enjoy!
WritingMelody🙏🏻❤️✌🏻️