Brooke

The next morning, I felt a plop on my bed, jolting me awake. It was Aiden with a huge grin on his face.

"Come on, Brookey! Get your swimsuit on!" He bounced on the bed.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Ten in the morning! Now come on!" He urged and left.

They'd mentioned a swimsuit, so I looked through my suitcase for it. It was a red one piece that had the sides cut out. I slipped into it and wrapped my cast in the plastic, so it wouldn't get wet. I went and met everyone in the backyard where there was a pool. Aunt Quinn and Uncle Jack had gotten here and everyone was in swimsuits.

"Hey, so what are we doing?" I shrugged.

"Here," Cason handed me a NERF water gun and I looked at it.

"We do all the water sports on Memorial Day," Jill laughed. "It's how we are."

"So what does the water gun have to do with it?" I asked.

"We're breaking up into teams. It's like dodgeball, but with water. You get sprayed, you're out," Jack chuckled.

"Can I be a team captain this time?" Aiden pleaded.

"Okay, sure. You're double digits now," Jack teased.

"I'm the other one," Quinn declared and they began the picking process.

On Aiden's team was me, Grams, and Jill. On Quinn's team was Jack, Gramps, and Cason. We went to opposite ends of the yard and then charged at each other, spraying each other. Grams managed to spray Gramps and he threw his arms up.

"Honey!" He exclaimed in disbelief that his own wife would betray him.

"You're out!" She chuckled and I tried not to laugh.

We were running around when Quinn got Grams out for Gramps. Soon, it came down to me and Cason and I hid my face behind the gun so I could just shoot water out of his in hopes of getting him wet.

"Ow!" He said and I looked up. "You got my eye!" He laughed, rubbing it.

"Hey, I'm working with one arm here," I defended.

"You're dead," he smirked and I ran around the backyard and he chased me. He finally grabbed me from behind and swung me around in victory. I was laughing so hard that I was crying.

"Cason, put me down!" I laughed.

"Okay," he said, but instead of putting me down, he threw me in the pool.

"Cason!" I gasped when I came up from under the water and everyone jumped in.

"You said to put you down," he smirked.

"What if I couldn't swim?" I asked.

"I'd save you," he said in a duh tone, but his eyes didn't give off the duh tone.

"Okay, next game! Chicken!" Jack said.

"Brookey, let me be on your shoulders!" Aiden pleaded.

"Okay," I laughed.

Once I got Aiden on my shoulders, Cason got on Jack's and they started to push each other. It was a bit difficult to keep Aiden on my shoulders, even if he was light, he was on a long time and my shoulders were giving out. Everyone was cheering and oohing. Since I couldn't really see what was happening between Cason and Aiden, I just went with it.

Gramps was cooking while we were playing and apparently more family was supposed to show up at any time now. Eventually, since Cason was older and had more muscle, he got a good push in and Aiden flew off my shoulders and everyone cheered.