Brooke

When I got home, I veered my way around my dad and his friends. Since my dad had friends, he wouldn't really be bothered with me tonight, so I went to my room and locked the door. I tried to go to sleep, but couldn't. My mind was still racing from that guy calling me beautiful. It had made no sense and it wasn't like he knew me.

I checked my social media and slipped into my pajamas. I posted a few snaps on snapchat of just lounging around in my bed. I played with the filters and pretended to be the happy go lucky girl that everyone knew me as.

The next morning, it was silent. Which usually meant, since it was Saturday, that my dad went fishing. So I changed into some jeans and a fitting t shirt and laid on my stomach on my bed. Opening snapchat, I took a selfie and captioned: Bored for the day, who wants to hang out? 😛

Soon, I got a response from dylanisawesome that said: u can come hang with me and my friends 😉

Me: Sounds great! Meet you at the mall in 30?

Him- absolutely

I started walking to the mall and when I got to the front, I saw Dylan, the guy who saved me, and another friend. I waved and Dylan introduced his friends as Cason—the guy who thought I was beautiful—and Jason.

"Brooke," I waved.

"Well, let's have some fun," Dylan said as we went into the mall and we all kind of laughed.

"Did you know that Dylan invited me?" I asked.

"I actually did," Cason said. "They saw your post, so I told them to invite you."

"Why?" I asked.

"Because you are important to me," he said.

"You know in most cases, you'd be classified as a stalker, or a creep," I said.

"I'm just trying to help," he said.

"Guys," Jason looked behind and saw how far we'd lingered. "Hurry up," he laughed.

We nodded and walked a bit faster. "Plus," Cason added. "I couldn't stand to listen to other people talk about you how they were, my friends included, so I wanted to be around so no one could hurt you."

"What were your friends saying?" I asked.

"Just things they'd do if they ever got alone with you," he said a bit disgusted.

"If you find them that disgusting, why are you friends with them?" I asked.

"Because they're mostly just talk, and they are good guys, but I can't tell when they're just talk," he said.

I nodded and we mostly window shipped and ate some pretzels.

"Hey," Dylan said. "So what do you usually do on a Saturday?"

"Whatever I feel like doing," I shrugged and they laughed.

"You wanna hang out later?" He asked.

"Dylan," Cason said.

"What?" He acted dumb.

They walked away out my hearing range, leaving me with Jason.

"What's the problem?" I asked.

"I don't know. Cason can be like this, but it doesn't happen a lot," he shrugged.

"Okay," Dylan and Cason came back. "So offer still stands."

"Sure, why not?" I shrugged.

Cason didn't look happy about it. Why did it matter to him? We barely knew each other. Why would he care if I went home somewhere? We went to an arcade and played a few games and Dylan used every excuse he could think of to touch me. High fives, hugs, things like that. As the day ended, I went to Dylan's as Cason and Jason went to their own houses.